Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

delayed deaths?

whiskeyf0x

this has happened on quite a number of occasions, but today i've finally been pushed over the edge.

I was trying to cap a spawn cp, but as always i check upstairs before capping. I see a defender looking out the window with his back to me. I shoot him 1x w/ rifle, but he turns around, shoots me, and then dies....?

Is this an issue w/ my computer having lag/connection problems? or is the game just not capable of processing that i shot him first?

I always see cases where 1 guy fires first, but the other guy shoots back and THEN dies. IMO this is the most frustrating part of the game and is what encourages me to sign off and go play CoD.

this has happened on quite a number of occasions, but today i've finally been pushed over the edge.

I was trying to cap a spawn cp, but as always i check upstairs before capping. I see a defender looking out the window with his back to me. I shoot him 1x w/ rifle, but he turns around, shoots me, and then dies....?

Is this an issue w/ my computer having lag/connection problems? or is the game just not capable of processing that i shot him first?

I always see cases where 1 guy fires first, but the other guy shoots back and THEN dies. IMO this is the most frustrating part of the game and is what encourages me to sign off and go play CoD.

CoD doesn't have to rely on many many player sending as much data, and i think it's network structure might be different (maybe server synd movement)

It's a speed of the internet thing you shot him, but that data hasn't travelled to that player yet and perhaps vice versa.

this is one of the most frustratin things bout BE for sure. is it caused by the speed of own connection or the other players?

this is one of the most frustratin things bout BE for sure. is it caused by the speed of own connection or the other players?

Either or both.

It's been a while since I tested this with two accounts, but I think this is not what's happening. Did you actually test this with two accounts? You don't hear the shot before you die (in fact, if the shot is from far away, you never hear it, you just die, because the bullet is supersonic).

I think what happens is this: they hear your footsteps as you come up the stairs, turn around, and shoot you BUT, due to internet lag, you haven't seen them turn around yet when you get to the top of the stairs and shoot them. Your client then registers that they are dead, but before that information is sent to their client, they shoot you. Their client then sends the information that you have died to your client, and the two messages cross somewhere on the internet.

*Both* of you have the impression that you fired before the other, and, on your screen, you did. Hence both die.

It's frustrating, and the lag seems to be much bigger than warranted by ping times, but to some extent it's unavoidable.