Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Engine startup bug

thraxas

I cannot believe this bug is STILL ingame.

A StuG G needs to hit and run and when pressing E in driver view and switching quickly to the commander and back the engine still get stuck in startup. Im sitting like that now at Lequosnoy behind the enemy tanks rendered useless by what is propably the oldest bug in WWII.

Picture of the poor Stug G sitting there with endless running starter:

http://freenet-homepage.de/Dexion4u/SShot57.JPG

Add another occurance of this great bug again in Stug G at Baupaume this time. Wanted to start engine to align for a char and poof engine stuck in startup.

I wonder why there was never any action taken against this bug because it doesnt seem that difficult to find a glitch in the engine startup procedure and its a real grave one because you loose valuable spawnlist equipment with it.

Just had this at Arras and was about to post about it before seeing your thread. What a joke that this is known about yet has had nothing done. Surely there must be something different between the Stug and all the other panzers if its the only one that does it?

Any ways to try and reduce the likelyhood of it happening?

edit: just noticed from your pic that I was in a very similar position to this, at about a 45 degree angle in a berm, probably nothing but may lead to something.

Edited by alfaracer

Kindoff glad to see that im not the only one getting this.

My guess is that it has to do with the rapid switching between driver and gunner or commander while starting the engine. That is something which would explain why you have it alot in the Stug because you often have to start the engine very quickly when you see a target.

When i remember like 2 years ago when i last played i also had it alot in the Stugs, but also with a Panzer III iirc.

Edited by thraxas

Wow. This happens to me all the time. I assumed this was some uber-realistic "feature" that modeled an overheated engine. If it's a bug, someone get a can of Raid.

I wonder why there was never any action taken against this bug because it doesnt seem that difficult to find a glitch in the engine startup procedure and its a real grave one because you loose valuable spawnlist equipment with it.

You don't do much debugging, do you? Something that happens as rarely as this bug is almost impossible to track down unless you can figure out how to reproduce it.

Is generic to all vechicles I would say had it in 232 but that was maybe my 500th spawin in a 232 i got it

Cheers

Vonkurt

You don't do much debugging' date=' do you? Something that happens as rarely as this bug is almost impossible to track down unless you can figure out how to reproduce it.[/quote']

Well it would be a start if we had something that could do some kind of "screenshot" of the client. I mean i was sitting there with my stug, .reported the bug and that was all i could do.

It cant be that difficult to readout in what kind of failed state the engine starter is trapped when the bug actually has occured.

I did a .report too but heard nothing back. Guess its probably on the list but other things are taking piority over it.