Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

major issue - can be reproduced

Werkelijk

the issue is with the games network code.

the issue is when you get within 5 meters of a EI and fire your rifle into their back

they're turn around shoot you then die

the issue here is the packet indicating you fired your gun behind them and they heard the shot gets to their client a good half second or more before the information telling their client they've been killed gets to them.

shouldn't these packets be sent at the exact same time?

I know about network latency and connection speed etc etc, but this kind of information should be sent at the same time, not split up and sent at different times

This, among other bugs, but this being one of the most disheartening problems along with connection lost bs, is pushing me hard to unsub... To me they both seem to be getting worse...

I also hit an 88 3 times with Wolverine's huge HE rounds right on it, just on the back edge, and just on the front edge, and with machine gun fire yesterday and I did not even register a hit. Also I hit a small pak38 with 2 APHE rounds and it only damaged it, like that round would not have torn that ATG to shreds or at least knocked it over...

It's annoying, isn't it?!

But, from some limited testing, it would need to be three-seconds (almost) of time between hear gunshot and die, for the opponent to spin-180 and aim/fire back at you.

I think it is more likely that the issue is the speed of the client issuing the "killed" command to the opponent, not the timing of the two messages?

It seems to me that - given the speed of network packets - a slow processing of the information is more likely than the sending of the information itself.

It could be that the server is slow in confirming the "kill", but I did not think the system worked in that way?

(Obviously I could be wrong ... I often am ...)