Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.30.2 - Garbled Text In Game

darg

I just noticed this today as it's the first chance I've had to play on the new patch. All text displayed in the game from the loading bar at the start to the text in game is garbled. Some characters are missing, only half-drawn or drawn in the wrong place. Other characters are put in where they shouldn't be, lot's of spaces in the middle of words etc.

Here is a screenshot of it:

garbledText.jpg

My system specs are:

Intel C2D 6300 @ 3.15

4GB DDR2 6400 RAM (3.5 used due to XP 32bit)

Windows XP 32 bit SP3 + latest updates.

Ati 2900xt on 9.6 drivers

EDIT: Please note due to financial reasons my sub runs out at the end of today so I won't be around to provide further details after this evening. I only went in game to say my goodbyes ironically enough. Now I can't even make out the text in game for the first time in 2 and a half years. I'm pretty sure this game hates me.

Did it start suddenly? Did you do some alt tabbing whilst the game was loading? I am getting this (or similar, or text completely missing) quite often.

This caught my attention whilst reading the release notes for catalyst 9.6: :

Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System:

System instability no longer observed when task switching to desktop when playing

"Tom Clancy's HAWK"

This looked very similar to what was happening to me in this game. So I decided to install win 7 64bit and the corresponding ati driver. Lo and behold, no more text corruption, no more graphic corruption or system instability when task switching (alt tabbing).

It looks like the winxp 32bit ati driver was the culprit.

No I didn't do any alt-tabbing. It happens from when the game loads. Tried it twice with the same thing both times. Only started since the latest patch.

I had it too. Installed 9.5 Ati drivers instead of 9.6 (win XP 32 bit) and problem was gone. So I think Elegance is right on the spot.

do you use a mini-keyboard?

LOL, I remember typing the text: "they took my wing *sniffle*

It was a AA gunner in the axis fb that shoot of a wing on my spit :)

Edited by micke