Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.30 Stutters/FPS issues/White Map Bug ....Core related?

gunspnge

Quick Comp info:

CPU: E8500 3.2Ghz Core 2 Duo

RAM: 4GBs

GPU: Gforce 8800 GTS (latest drivers)

Prior to 1.30 i had no FPS at all even with MAX settings I would get 30+ over a highly populated town

Since 1.30 I've been getting, seemingly random, stutters and freezes where my FPS with go from 300+ (at high alt) to 5 with no enemies or friendlies around. This effect is only exacerbated when there are enemies near...sometimes to the extent where the game plays like a slide show for several minutes.

I asked about this several times in the hangar and i've seen others talk about but I havent even seen an acknowledgment from CRS that it exists.. since 1.30 i've been trying to play through it but I find myself playing the game less and less because of how frustrating it is sometimes.. I'm at a point now where I may cancel my account and go play something else. there really is no excuse for such a pervasive and annoying bug. I used to be a QA tester for Electronic Arts and I understand there is a huge difference in funding available for their games and CRS's but a bug like this shouldnt be allowed to remain in the game.

Anyways I saw a thread unrelated to this bug talking about setting affinity to help the White map bug (which I also have been getting since 1.30) so I tried changing my affinity to 1 core instead of 2.

After setting affinity to core 1 I noticed that the white map bug had been almost entirely wiped out. The map loading times when i first log in are still very slow but the white panels do not remain the entire time I'm logged in. Another effect of setting affinity to 1 core is that the stutters are gone...HOWEVER, general FPS has dropped significantly and I get excrushiating low FPS near certain areas in the game that used to perform excellent. (FPS are even lower, slide-show low, when first spawning in and the maps are loading)

So I'm not entirely sure which one is better HIGH FPS & STUTTERS or LOW FPS & NO STUTTERS

both are extremely frustrating but I hope this revelation may help in nailing down where this bug is coming from. Affinity? Map Loading??? :confused:

Please fix the stutters

and still you will have no acknowledgement from them,

i play fine 45-55 fps then boom 0-5 fps for about 2 minutes especially when i get near the allies or busy action, this started with 1.30

hope the chinese are faring better

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

yup...just came in here to post about it not being acknowledged...

when 1.30 first came out i made a thread in the hangar and posted a video of the stutters..got no response then either

It's hard to fix something when you dont know what's causing it.

I have similar specs though i have an AMD and vista 32, and do not experience any stutters(caused by the game anyway).

The white map is a very strange bug since it's periodic and hard to connect to anything :S, i have it rarely.

i have the white map bug every single time i log on

and the first step to fixing something is acknowledging that it exists

CRS can i get some kind of acknowledgment that you guys know of these bugs and that you're working to fix them?

I had the same thing happen. It was my processor. Installed a new one and they went away. I battled it for 2 months begging for help. Didn't get any really.

I hope this helps. At least run a load check on the processor. I did and the computer shut down. Took it to the local computer store and they found it to go screwy when processing different loads of data over time.

S!

Husk

CRS can i get some kind of acknowledgment that you guys know of these bugs and that you're working to fix them?

I am not CRS but I can acknowledge that they are aware on this issue. With the open beta we had for 1.30 a lot of testing was done with this. When open beta popped up everyone suffered from extreme white map bug issues. And FPS issues.

We had several people trying and testing this and those who were testing called it fixed before the patch was rolled out. It seems that some people are still suffering from the issue.

Problem with this is that others with the exact same pc or even worse are not suffering from the white map bug. So it is very difficult to fix.

A couple of things you can try:

- defrag harddisks

- update drivers of video, sound and chipset

- kill unnessesary background processes

This game is very CPU and disk I/O heavy. Everything that is using resources (memory, CPU capacity) or is operating inefficiently (fragged harddisk) will cause stutters and drops in FPS in BE.

I had the same thing happen. It was my processor. Installed a new one and they went away. I battled it for 2 months begging for help. Didn't get any really.

I hope this helps. At least run a load check on the processor. I did and the computer shut down. Took it to the local computer store and they found it to go screwy when processing different loads of data over time.

S!

Husk

Glad you got it fixed. This is one of the reasons why CRS can't do much about certain bugs. It looks like a lot of people are suffering from the exact same bug, but in the end it proved to be a problem at their side. This does not have anything to do with code.