Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Binos and Moving #3677

isaristh

First you stayed zoomed in if you suddenly moved while you were looking at binocs, but now it's a different story.

Now whenever you do that, you're weapon doesn't show up, fire, aim, or even come up. This can be really annoying, epically when you moved to take out an ei that came just out of that bush...

How to do:

- Look through binocs

- Move while looking through binocs

• 6 months later...

If you move while looking through binocs you can not run and have no weapon. I have done this from prone, kneeling and standing positions.

You can not run or shoot until you stop and wait a second or two until gun appears as normal.

Was just typing this up:

I'm not able to replicate this most of the time but it has cropped up i'd say 80% of the time i bring up binos.

Stand and use binos,

Try to run off which would usually clear the binos and return to main weapon

You dont run as the game seems to be stuck in a state of switching weapons

Stop and binos will pop up again

It's seem to only happen twice when it does occur and will usually switch back to your main weapon.

If you move with binos up the binos come down so you can see but you haev to stop moving before your weapon will come up and you'll be able to move at regular speed.

That what you are trying to say?

Fix should be:

When moving while binos up, first switch weapon before allowing movement.

have a ticket related to this about switching weapons while binos are up.

Why not;

1. Put bino's up

2. Move

3. Put bino's up (automatically)

4. Press weapon button

Sometimes your position isn't optimum for using bino's.

Related:

Switch from primary weapon to, say, weapon 2.

Binos up.

Move.

Should switch to weapon 2, *NOT* back to primary.

I sometimes do NOT want that rifle barrel suddenly poking out of my bush, so I switch to knife while I am in bush. Then I look through binocs, and move a little. Not cool that my rifle comes back. Or my ATR when I have the pistol out instead.

wwiiolsig.jpg

Attempted this in beta and current release offline, so I know that only a part of this is newly introduced. I report it primarily because it might point at some other issues that could be more severe and, since it seems to be new, it's probably best to at least figure out what changed now rather than down the road.

Reproduction Steps:

1) Equip binoculars.

2) Unequip the binoculars, either by moving or selecting another item.

3) Move around in a way that would close the binoculars if they were still equipped. Note that the newly equipped item won't rise.

4) Without moving and before the new item comes up, press the "fire" key. Note that the binoculars zoom in as though they were never unequipped.

#4 exists in the current release, but #3 is newly introduced. In the current version, equipping the new item can be delayed by pressing the fire key, but movement has no effect on the time before the new weapon comes up.

• 1 month later...