Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Connection problems

tex29

Well im still losing connection to host! This is very f--ing irritating. The error says 10057 and when i go to the support forrm it says to go to www.playnet.com but it brings me back to the battleground site. Does anyone know what the hell is goin on with my computer or what the hell deal is?

Edited by tex29

CTHL is always a problem with the network connection between you and the the game servers. If enough packets are dropped or nothing comes through for a while the game will try to reconnect and if it can't do it you get this error. Try turning off (or on if its off) the Netcode 2 (beta) setting in the in game settings.

CTHL is always a problem with the network connection between you and the the game servers. If enough packets are dropped or nothing comes through for a while the game will try to reconnect and if it can't do it you get this error. Try turning off (or on if its off) the Netcode 2 (beta) setting in the in game settings.

Thanx for the info ur the only one who had a good explanation 4 it. I have posted it several times and nobody knew a thing. Since I en abled it I havent had a problem yet!!!!! Lets hope.

Thanx for the info ur the only one who had a good explanation 4 it. I have posted it several times and nobody knew a thing. Since I en abled it I havent had a problem yet!!!!! Lets hope.

Well it still does it. I enabled the net code. It still does it and it also puts red locks on everything. Do u have any other ideas?:confused:

are you using a laptop (wireless) or desktop?

are you using a router (like linksys)?

if a laptop on wireless, get a hardline.

if you have a router, try connecting without it.

you can also get a good ping plotter to see if there is a bad link somewhere down the line.

if you have a router, make sure the ports to the game are all opened. there is a post somewhere that gives the port numbers. (this was my problem btw for the 10057 error i was getting)

just some suggestions, hope you get it working.

If you turn on the game info window in the hud (the one in the upper right), does it ever say PACKET LOSS? That's a sign your connection is flaky. Tracking down *why* it's flaky is more difficult, because any equipment or wiring between you and CRS could be the culprit.

are you using a laptop (wireless) or desktop?

are you using a router (like linksys)?

if a laptop on wireless, get a hardline.

if you have a router, try connecting without it.

you can also get a good ping plotter to see if there is a bad link somewhere down the line.

if you have a router, make sure the ports to the game are all opened. there is a post somewhere that gives the port numbers. (this was my problem btw for the 10057 error i was getting)

just some suggestions, hope you get it working.

Im pretty sure i found the problem hopefully. When they put my telephone line in a couple years ago. They ran a temporary line and never came back to replace it. Which I thought it was the only line. After six weeks they never even came back to bury the line in the ground. So i buried it!!! So im getting a new modem also. Hopefully that fixes the prob. Thanks for the info its been helpful.

If you turn on the game info window in the hud (the one in the upper right)' date=' does it ever say PACKET LOSS? That's a sign your connection is flaky. Tracking down *why* it's flaky is more difficult, because any equipment or wiring between you and CRS could be the culprit.[/quote']

Tanks for the info its been really helpful!!1!

If you turn on the game info window in the hud (the one in the upper right)' date=' does it ever say PACKET LOSS? That's a sign your connection is flaky. Tracking down *why* it's flaky is more difficult, because any equipment or wiring between you and CRS could be the culprit.[/quote']

Thanks for the info its been really helpful!!!!!!

Well, after near constant connection to host lost errors over the past few weeks, I cancelled both of my subscriptions. Have not had a problem before this. Updated my Nvidia 9800 GTX+ drivers, changed my settings (per this thread)...nothing. Played for 25 minutes tonight, ambushed an opel full of ei heading to town (lucky grenade tosses) and then jogging my way back to town for a RTB (instead of RES)...froze up and connection to host lost. I will come back in a few months and hope the RATS have fixed it.

I have to say I am disappointed with this. Came back after a 4 year break...S! hope it gets fixed.

Tex' date=' you on dialup or dsl?[/quote']

I have DSL! I just recently upgraded to professional and got a new modem. Fixing to run one phone line straight to the box only for my computer. Played the other night and had no problems after i changed my modem. But I was only on for about an hour.