Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

No impact marks visible with axis APHE

thraxas

As i have been long time away from WWII its pretty new for me to have no red flash anymore. So i thought ok, i can have a look at the tanks to see penetration marks like those that AP does.

But i simply dont see any marks at all when i hit something with APHE like with the pak 36.

How am i supposed to notice a penetration hit, when all i see is a generic big yellow explosion but no impact marks?

didn't know that axis had APHE??

also its best to just let things like this, blow away in the wind and to not talk about it.

basicly "if you have a thought.. let it go.."

Edited by whiran

"AP" is APHE for axis, noob... ;)

You can no longer determine if there was a penetration (unless it's a catastrophic hit). That's a "feature" because IRL you supposedly wouldn't be able to either.

• 2 weeks later...
"AP" is APHE for axis, noob... ;)

You can no longer determine if there was a penetration (unless it's a catastrophic hit). That's a "feature" because IRL you supposedly wouldn't be able to either.

I understand that the red flash is gone while i still think that a APHE penetration would for sure look different from an outside explosion.

But why is there no penetration mark after hitting? In 232 i get them but the pak 36 for example has none.

Explosive rounds do not leave penetration decals. Don't know if we can change this or not, it's part of the effects loop which has a finite number of effects tied to outcomes. We'll look into it.

Ticketed 3152