Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

BSD Mismatched Memory - Replace Video Adapter

sabe

Ok first of all system stats,

WinXP

Intell Dual core 2.5g 775chipset

EVGA 650i Ultra MB

2-1gig Pony DDR2 RAM

Gforce 9500 1gig videocard

onboard sound

Saitek X52 Flight Control System

MS wireless keyboard USB

MS minimouse wireless USB

ALL drivers updated/rolledback/updated

-------------------

I have multiple problems for the last two months, first problem.

BSD error message:

--->Run a memory check with software provided by manufacturer. Look for mismatched memory. (Note: both ram chips are identical 1gig chips)

--->Try replacing video adapter. (ummm I just did 3 months ago to this new card)

Now thats my BSD error. I can hand write down the exact message but those two things are the general statement on the BSD message.

Happens mostly when driving tanks. But does happen using all unit types.

I can play sometimes for several hours before it happens or just a minute after spawn or anytime in between, no consistancy in the time frame. I can restart everything and start playing again sometimes I get BSD right away over and over again and somtimes I can just play for hours before seeing it again.

When I do crash I get the last sound from game continually buzzing in my speakers until I reboot, usually its a deep base sound like the engines running on tank.

When I leave the BSD up reading the message I get an additional message after 30-60 seconds saying "Beginning memory dump"

I've tried everything I can think of to fix this from updating all drivers, sound and video. I've rolled back my drivers to older ones and still get same problem.

-----------

Second problem, unsure if its related or something else unrelated.

Game freezes... if I cntrl-alt-delete and do an end process on game I get an immediate ingame message saying "disconnected from server" and the chat window at bottom shows the disconnected error 10057. If I dont do the end process and just wait a minute or two the game eventualy gives me the disconnect error and closes game.

I read the thread about on screen notifications causing a short freeze up and that happens to me as well sometimes I get the onscreen message and I freeze completely and get disconnected after a minute or two. (I will try shutting off those annoying messages... I dont care about them anyways usually... I'd suggest taking them offscreen and putting them down in the chat window instead)

-----------

Both of these problems are consistant. You can check how many times I've logged in and out in the last two months... I NEVER and I really mean NEVER log out of game I always crash/freeze/bsd/disconnect even when I'm tired and going to bed I do it when I am forced to... yeah I'm a diehard gamer lol.

An additional note. When I crash I log back into game and see both sides locked out to me, I have to load the game TWICE (this is only time I ever log out of the game manually on my own) I also am not shown in a squad. I always have to load game and then log out and reload each and everytime I crash... I'm used to it after a couple months so I just put up with it like the random yet consistant BSD/Freeze/Disconnects.

------------

As I said, its far more consistant when driving tanks... but I can and do run long missions in tanks. Infantry seems to do it far less often but still does it... same with atg's they seem closer to infantry but still a little more often. 75% of the time its due to driving a tank... which is why I'm suspicious of it being a sound issue due to the sounds coming from tanks engines and guns.

Anyways... I hope someone can help... its annoying... but I do love playing this game so I deal with it.

Just another note: I play WOW occasionally, and Eve Online (with two clients/accounts running at same time) and I NEVER get a single problem with those games... NEVER seen these issues or the BSD missmatched memory/replace vid adapter with ANY game or software EXCEPT with WWIIonline... this game is the only things that causes it (guess you can call that... "can it be repeated" yes... I just have to play wwiionline lol)

I have tried changing all settings both in game and thru my nvidia screen to both best performance and best quality and everywhere in between... so yeah we can skip past the basic and noob questions... been there done that stuff :P

well... I'm going back to playing/crashing and see if I can shoot some more squishies :)

Well since I posted this I can't last more then 5 minutes on a mission, I have froze up and disconnected at least a dozen times... if not more... I haven't been counting.

I can't get more then 1km from an FB in a truck and I barely get 250m from any spawn before freezing up with infantry. Atg, infantry, tank, truck... doesn't matter I just lock up and have to end process on game.

This is really getting discouraging.

I'll probably just have to stop playing until next patch and pray you guys figure out whats causing in and fix it :(

if you have a CD-RW drive you could download this and make a disk and try it out

http://www.memtest.org/

you never know, hardware does fail even if it works great for months, I had constantly black screen problems and video corruption just in WW2OL with my computer, and after 7 months of trouble shooting and replacing every piece of my PC it turned out to be my CPU, once Intel replaced it for me for just the price of shipping it to them, they sent me one fresh off the line dated June 18th 2009 and all my problems have gone away.\

btw this if how i found out my CPU was bad, tried to do a test and memtest kept reporting errors saying all 4GB of my ram was bad, even though i only had a single stick of 1GB installed.

Tried memtest yet again... no problems reported.

Power supply, 430w Trueblue... plenty of power

UPDATE: I have yet to get the BSD mismatched memory after trying a bunch of things so I think something seems to have worked. BUT! wait... lol

I still lockup... then after about 10-15 seconds lose connection. When I cntrl alt delete and do an end process it shows wwiionline using 1,000,000k+ mem usage. (when I changed out my 2x 1gig ram for 2 512m chips when I go to do the end process it shows 500,000k+ mem being used)

Today I tried

changed 9500 GT with a 7800 GS, still lockup

changed realtek onboard sound to CL SBLive audio card, still lockup

changed 2x 1gig DDR2 Ram chips for 2x 512's (all pony) still lock up

removed Saitek X52 stick, still lockup

After trying each of those steps I return to game and when I was pushing an ATG forward I got a deep rumbling sound sort of like a tanks engine, backoff the stick and the sound stopped... (raised an eyebrow on this one) repeated over and over again...

Tried playing infantry instead but started getting the sound constantly... it was a localized sound coming from the game... I ran around the town trying to find the source of the sound like maybe it was an ai trying to fire nonstop but coming thru on my end as just a weird deep rumble... tracked it down to the center of a nonenterable building... maybe there's an old ai pit inside there covered by a new building?

sooo went back to working on my system to find out whats wrong...

logged, removed soundcard back to onboard sound... couldnt get the drivers to work for some reason (but onboard sound always SUCKS so I just went back to using the SBLive card and reinstalled the drivers) this seems to have worked... not getting the weird rumbling sound anymore.

I'm going back to game now to try and play despite the constant disconnects and packet losses...

I will update soon...

I may try going back to my old cpu and see if its the dual core I put in a few months back... if thats the issue I'll get a new one but not buying anything new until I track down the source... frustrating as all hell...

Unfortunately there are many possible causes, but all I can say is that I went through a period of almost identical issues, and in my case it was overheating. It took me ages to find because it was actually on the chipset which didn't have a separate temperature monitor. I reported it in this thread

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=262448&highlight=overheating

It might be worth just checking your internal fans and heatsinks to make sure they are working and not blocked with dust.

Appreciate the few responses, but it appears I have fixed the problem. Not exactly sure how as I've done so many things but the very last thing was soundcard.

Removed the onboard sound so I could put a 5+ year old SB Live audio card in... this didnt seem to fix the problem so I took it out and tried to reinstall the onboard Realtek sound from motherboard CD... it wouldnt work tho so I found the updated drivers from EVGA website and downloaded and installed... still my sound wouldnt work. I gave up and removed the Realtek driver and stuck the SB Live audio card back in and got sound working again.

I haven't once had the BlueScreen crash with the mixmatched memory/replace vid adapter error message.

I also have not "frozen up" and disconnected.

I have disconnected a couple time in last 3 days but its the same old 10057 error that happens once in a great while (usually right after I say some wiseass comment in side channel and BLOO just happens to be there reading... but I'm not pointing fingers LOL)

Anyways I'm a happy camper! and I can even drive that horrible sounding Vickers without lockup (this was reason I had originally thought it was a sound issue as it happens more with tanks and even more so when in a vickers) I might be right but I doubt I will ever know.

Glad you nailed it. Hopefully thats a permanent fix, but it sounds likely from your description.