Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Pak 38 not registering damages

Stu

I've engaged a pair of pak 38's recently, once while crewing a 6lber and once while in a british tank. Both times I fired at close range (once within 5m) and scored visible hits. Neither time did I get kills (fine, might have had bad luck, or someone else got the kill, etc.) but it also hasn't even registered a damage in the AAR.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here, I was a M1 and I fired 4-5 HE to a 88, I saw impacts on him and shrapel, he turned and killed me, but when I despawned AAR didnt show any damage to that 88.

Edited by kostra

Anything but direct impact with AP on gunner (88, pak38) or shield in front of gunner (pak38) is a gamble that you should not be taking. But yeah, I cant wait for the day the damage models for early atgs will get fixed.

We know about the issues with ATG damage models, but is the problem of hits not registering really an ATG problem, or just a general one? I would estimate (roughly) that somewhere around 10% of the hits that I can definitely observe on the target are not recorded in the AAR. I always assumed it was just packet loss - ie. I hit the target on my client system, but my system then fails to inform the server.

I'd be interested to know if other people find the same.

I have noticed an increase in hits not being registered at all, i use the Netcode2 beta, and as far as im aware this can happen with that.

Try without Netcode2, and see if you still get issues with hits not being registered, although you may see an increase in CTHL's. All hits should now be registered, although their may be a large lag issue as happens on the interwebz sometimes... :rolleyes: