Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Pz38t

elegance

From 1.30.3 allied ATR is unable to kill Pz38t through the rear hull. Several people tested it extensively on the training server. It is not possible to flame the tank or kill the driver. In 1.29 allied ATR was able to penetrate and kill gunner through the sides and rear of the turret, in 1.30 it was still possible to kill the driver and flame the tank though the rear hull. From 1.30.3 Pz38t is invulnerable to allied ATR which I believe is bug as it wasnt mentioned in the 1.30.3 Readme as an audited feature.

Thanks for addressing the question and giving that explanation. I think we now understand how the change came about, and why it came as a surprise to us.

However, part of it still remains puzzling.

If the original 38(t) was modelled on the Ausf. A variant, and is now modelled on the Ausf. E, this would increase the armour on the rear turret to 22mm @ 80 deg, making it impenetrable to the Boys ATR. So far, so good. But the armour on the side and rear of the hull was not upgraded on the Ausf. E and remained 15mm @ 90 deg and 15mm @ 78 deg respectively. This should be well within the capability of the Boys ATR to penetrate, certainly at ranges of up to about 100m.

If this is the case:

(1) If rounds fired from close range are penetrating the rear and side hull, why is there no penetration animation, and why is there no damage to the engine or injury to the crew?

(2) If the rounds are not penetrating, why not?

I hope you can find some time to look at this and clarify it for us.

Edited by peegee77

Thanks for addressing the question and giving that explanation. I think we now understand how the change came about, and why it came as a surprise to us.

If the original 38(t) was modelled on the Ausf. A variant, and is now modelled on the Ausf. E, this would increase the armour on the rear turret to 22mm @ 80 deg, making it impenetrable to the Boys ATR. So far, so good. But the armour on the side and rear of the hull was not upgraded on the Ausf. E and remained 15mm @ 90 deg and 15mm @ 78 deg respectively. This should be well within the capability of the Boys ATR to penetrate, certainly at ranges of up to about 100m.

If this is the case:

(1) If rounds fired from close range are penetrating the rear and side hull, why is there no penetration animation, and why is there no damage to the engine or injury to the crew?

Totally seconded. Any diferent thing that not restores the capability to destroy the 38t will be an obvius nerf to X, in order to complece the whine brigade. I'm not accepting this cos is there no more simulationin this game, only another fantasy game in ww2, i will unsub, no really. Unique thing god for this game is the players & friends, & the ballistic system, if you kill the ballistics to "balance" i can have friends in other games, o having my entire squad out of ww2o.

If this is the case:

I third this motion :)

Maybe the ATR is broken, check this out rats please!? ;)

Ok, we've sorted out what's gone on:

UPDATE: The data we gave is accurate. Unfortunately there is an undocumented bug in the Pz.38(t) rear armor that was just uncovered after some difficult head scratching and special testing effort to find the issue. This bug makes what players were saying in this case (about the difficulty in penetrating the rear hull of the Pz.38t) indeed correct. At the same time, however, we were also correct in claiming that it has the historic armour value data (15mm) on the rear hull that it should have. In summary, because of this previously undocumented bug, we actually could get 2 different results for the same event. This has now been fixed and will become effective with the next patch. Cross checking with other earlier tanks confirmed that this bug is isolated to the Pz.38t which was the first tank our original art department built.

I'm afriad i don't understand? a bug got fixed woo hoo? how is it a problem now because the ATR cannot damage/kill a 38t as easily?

and what is going to happen when CRS introduces 1.31 which has slightly fixed HE rounds?

I'm afriad i don't understand? a bug got fixed woo hoo? how is it a problem now because the ATR cannot damage/kill a 38t as easily?

and what is going to happen when CRS introduces 1.31 which has slightly fixed HE rounds?

Can you please explain what do you mean by "as easily"? Did you manage to find a way to kill 232 with atr at all? (other then shooting the top hull for extremely difficult kill from very elevated position)

Or maybe check the CSR to see no Pz38t has been killed this map but an ATR.