Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

British ATR v 232

peegee77

Five of us did some fairly extensive testing on the training server tonight and noticed:

1. Rounds which pierce the armour usually fail to generate any penetration animation. Only about 1 in 20 leave a visible mark on the hull.

2. The engine seems effectively indestructible. After 10 rounds from the rear at point blank, although smoke / steam is visible, the vehicle drives normally.

Perhaps this could be checked?

Seconded.

I also noticed that the performance of the ATR had different results on teh training server as opposed to the Live server, which i am completely dumbfounded by....(this is not the first time either! :confused:)

Seconded.

I also noticed that the performance of the ATR had different results on teh training server as opposed to the Live server, which i am completely dumbfounded by....(this is not the first time either! :confused:)

I seem to recall HE does less damage on the training server so there may be something else that's different.

I seem to recall HE does less damage on the training server so there may be something else that's different.

Well, there shouldn't be any difference - although what we are seeing indicates there is. The official line is that the training and live servers are the same.

What would be nice is an official response that says either

(a) the servers are different, and the differences are x, y and z; or

(B) the servers are the same, and the reason for the apparent difference is this...