Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Death Cam Question

flinflon

In MOTORMOUTH's update on the rag doll physics, she stated:

"There is even a return of an abbreviated version of the "death cam". After your death, the camera pops to an external view that is close in to your body, slowly rotating out for a few seconds. It's a very tight view, pulling out only a foot, so there is no issue with the cam revealing a hidden enemy position."

This seemed to imply that currently there is no death cam (hence "a return"). I do get a death cam view, doesn't everyone? And my death cam often reveals the enemy and its position.

Sometimes, when I am tanking, I will blow sky high, seemingly 1000m. I will be able to see the entire countryside for miles around and can often see previously unknown ETs over a hill. Is this not supposed to happen? (I always thought it was a little gamey.)

In MOTORMOUTH's update on the rag doll physics, she stated:

"There is even a return of an abbreviated version of the "death cam". After your death, the camera pops to an external view that is close in to your body, slowly rotating out for a few seconds. It's a very tight view, pulling out only a foot, so there is no issue with the cam revealing a hidden enemy position."

This seemed to imply that currently there is no death cam (hence "a return"). I do get a death cam view, doesn't everyone? And my death cam often reveals the enemy and its position.

Sometimes, when I am tanking, I will blow sky high, seemingly 1000m. I will be able to see the entire countryside for miles around and can often see previously unknown ETs over a hill. Is this not supposed to happen? (I always thought it was a little gamey.)

It says a return of the 'abbreviated' death cam, meaning a smaller more acute version of it.

Yes i've seen on occasion whilst tanking that when death occurs you will fly up into the air lol, only happens when tanking though.

Edited by gtanner