Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Vegetation Bug - Screenshots

warthog

There was a vegetation bug thread a few days ago that seemed to just disappear - or it got moved and I can't find it.

In that thread, I mentioned that I hit this bug often, and as proof, I hit it tonight and captured numerous screenshots to demonstrate what exactly we're talking about.

As I mentioned there, I've gotten this:

* On three completely different hardware platforms (both ATI and nVidia cards, both AMD and Intel processors).

* On two different OSes (XP and Vista).

* Its not reproducable on demand, but I experience this same thing roughly once a week.

Here's a screenshot I just captured from Diest, at the Paal depot, looking northeast. Note the landscape is devoid of vegetation except in a few scattered places.

SShot2.jpg

Here's a view in the same direction but down farther south from Diest-Aarschott depot. Note that there is still normal vegetation to the east, and in fact if I turn south it's quite lush. But to the north and northwest its bare as can be.

SShot3.jpg

Here's a view from the northwest of diest, looking southeast toward town. Note the minimap in the corner. I "should be" looking through a ball forest, but there's not a tree in sight, and minimal bushes.

SShot4.jpg

After logging in, here is the last view with vegetation restored. You can't even see the town with the trees in the way.

SShot11.jpg

I really hope the rats get to the bottom of this one, it really disrupts gameplay and I'm increasingly seeing people exploiting it.

I'm happy to collect any debugging information that could help, next time I hit this.

Please include your own screenshots in this thread, as they occur, to show that everyone is experiencing this same thing.

S!

Warthog

Had this happen "Once" but, it was awesome to be honest with you. I kept seeing EI running in plain sight saying over the comms: "EI in the open to the NE!!" after a while I kept saying man... but be freaking newbies here! No one is shooting these damn ei! Nor are they shooting me!!

Then I finally got killed, spawned back in, Bam, vegetation all there. Really weird but funny.