Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

v1.30.2: Game not launching with MS Office 2007 installed

skally

CRS you have a problem! I have uninstalled Microsoft Office 2007 and WW2 Online now works perfectly. There is obviously something that Microsoft office 2007 installs that this game doesn't like!

I think you need need to look at this because I don't think it is acceptable to have to sacrifice MS Office 2007 so you can play the game!

I really hope that you can find a solution.

It's running ok with me.

Plus at work I run the game with Office 2010 (TechNet release) and still no problems.

I wonder what the common denominator is?

See if your Microsoft Office 2007 version that is doing this has a AUTOMATED Update and Download application loading and hogging your internet as WWIIOL tries to launch.

JOKER007

Unable to replicate. Probably need more information but given what was provided I see no issue.

Anyone else having this issue?

CRS you have a problem! I have uninstalled Microsoft Office 2007 and WW2 Online now works perfectly. There is obviously something that Microsoft office 2007 installs that this game doesn't like!

I think you need need to look at this because I don't think it is acceptable to have to sacrifice MS Office 2007 so you can play the game!

I really hope that you can find a solution.

Where are you clicking Play? What version of the game? What OS?

Hi GOPHUR, thanks for looking at this. I do have a ticket number which should provide you with access to my system specs etc as I submitted a netcheck.txt when I raised this ticket. The number is 42754.

I must also tell you that I have just installed MS Office 2007 again and I'm once more presented with the issue!

I have disabled all startup entries relative to MS Office 2007 but this has not provided a solution. I can't remember if I have already explained but my version of MS Office 2007 is an Enterprise version, as to whether this makes any difference - I don't know?

I appreciate that a few extra days have been added to my account but it looks like that I am going to have to uninstall MS Office 2007 again so that I can play the game and until a solution can be found. Priorities eh!

Oh, I should add that I'm able to log in with my password and can get as far as clicking on 'Play' after selecting 'campaign open'.

Edited by yozz76

A little update to let you know that I'm on the verge of solving this!

MS Office 2007 Enterprise version full install includes all of the following:

Access

Groove

InfoPath

OneNote

Outlook

Power Point

Publisher

Visio Viewer

Word

Shared Features

Office Tools

I have now decided to try a custom install leaving out the following as I either don't need or don't know what they are!:

Groove

InfoPath

OneNote

Outlook

Visio Viewer

Basically one or more of the above that I have chosen not to install is causing the conflict! I am now able to play the game with the remainder of the MS Office 2007 apps installed.

When I get the chance and through a process of elimination, I shall determine which app(s) causes the conflict and let you know.

Access

Groove

InfoPath

OneNote

Outlook

Power Point

Publisher

Visio Viewer

Word

Shared Features

Office Tools

I have now decided to try a custom install leaving out the following as I either don't need or don't know what they are!:

Groove

InfoPath

OneNote

Outlook

Visio Viewer

Basically one or more of the above that I have chosen not to install is causing the conflict! I am now able to play the game with the remainder of the MS Office 2007 apps installed.

When I get the chance and through a process of elimination, I shall determine which app(s) causes the conflict and let you know.

I'd sure appreciate it.

We aren't seeing any issues but we're on lesser versions of Office and I don't think I haev access to that version atm.

Access

Groove

InfoPath

OneNote

Outlook

Power Point

Publisher

Visio Viewer

Word

Shared Features

Office Tools

Groove

InfoPath

OneNote

Outlook

Visio Viewer

MS Office 2007 Enterprise is not an edition that is in the mainstream. I can get a copy of it through my MS Technet subscription to try and install it. At least then you'll have another user and if I can reproduce your results, then we'll pass up what we find to CRS.

MS Office 2007 Enterprise is not an edition that is in the mainstream. I can get a copy of it through my MS Technet subscription to try and install it. At least then you'll have another user and if I can reproduce your results' date=' then we'll pass up what we find to CRS.[/quote']

Thanks giggy, that would be helpful. We don't use a technet subscription any more.

Yozz's system info:

> Windows XP Pro

> Directory of H:\Program Files\CRS\Battleground Europe

Try installing to C:

> Processor: Intel® Core2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs)

> Memory: 3070MB RAM

> Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

> Display Memory: 512.0 MB

> Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

> Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

> Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

There's a mismatch between your current resolution of 1440 x 900 (WXGA: 16:10/8:5) and your monitor's of 1600 x 1200 (UXGA: 4:3). Please try 1600 x 1200 or other ratios that match your monitor: 1400 x 1050, 1280 x 960, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vector_Video_Standards2.svg

I doubt this is the issue but it couldn't hurt to eliminate a variable.

> Driver Version: 6.14.0011.9539 (English)

> Driver Date/Size: 10/28/2009 04:41:36, 6277760 bytes

> WHQL Logo'd: No

> WHQL Date Stamp: None

Try these more recent drivers that are also WHQL certified:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_195.62_whql.html

Yozz's system info:

> Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

> Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

> Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

There's a mismatch between your current resolution of 1440 x 900 (WXGA: 16:10/8:5) and your monitor's of 1600 x 1200 (UXGA: 4:3). Please try 1600 x 1200 or other ratios that match your monitor: 1400 x 1050, 1280 x 960, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vector_Video_Standards2.svg

I doubt this is the issue but it couldn't hurt to eliminate a variable.

> Driver Version: 6.14.0011.9539 (English)

> Driver Date/Size: 10/28/2009 04:41:36, 6277760 bytes

> WHQL Logo'd: No

> WHQL Date Stamp: None

Try these more recent drivers that are also WHQL certified:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_195.62_whql.html

Hmm, very strange. Thanks for your effort to resolve this but I promise you that the max/native res for my monitor is 1440 x 900! The conflict is certainly with one of the MS Office 2007 Enterprise apps that I have now left out as I can now play the game fine. I'm suspecting Groove but that is just a hunch. As per my previous post, I'll try through a process of elimanation asap to determine and will let you know.

I also had this problem with MS Office Enterprise 07. Feel free to contact me if you need infos or another tester