Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Offline will not startup

nobipure

I meet minimum req's but when I click start-programs-CRS-BE TEST-practice offline I get a black screen for about a second then back to desktop. Been fooling with settings, running as admin, nothing changes. I have removed and reinstalled twice to no avail. Regular game 1.30 works fine online and offline.

I was JUST about to make a post about this.

Mine will not even launch either. I don't even get a black screen, just an Error message and windows asking if I want to send a bug report.

Granted I'm actually below spec, but I was curious to see how/if it'd run.

I saw a few others with the same problem already, so maybe it's something else.

you must go on windows explorer

C:\Program Files (x86)\CRS\Battleground Europe TEST

then use ww2.exe to launch the game....

do not use start short cut.

When I saw that typed, the idea bulb went off in my head.

I used the icon in the actual folder, not the shortcut (actually it never made one).

Do you HAVE to install the Beta to THAT folder? Because I didn't, I rarely install anything other than if it's absolutely necessary to my C drive. I've ran across a few things that had to be in a particular folder to work.

I think I recall an issue with WWIIOL where the game wouldn't launch if there was a space anywhere in the install directory folder path.

I think I'll go try that...

Nope, didn't help. Same thing.

I know my D/L isn't corrupt because I gave the same file to my brother, and it runs fine on his rig.

It comes up with a basic error message maybe.. 3-4 seconds after I try to launch that it "encountered a problem" and "needs to close"

No, that is a good idea but same result

Offline mode starts up just fine with my laptop, so I know my startup/installation method is not wrong, I did the same for both systems, but still the desktop system has the same fault...

Same here - won't start up. Even by executing WW2.exe directly from the directory itself via dos cmd.exe commandline. Screen flashes, then immediately goes back to desktop. No errors of any kind.

General System Specs-

Asus Striker Extreme w/onboard Audio

Intel Core 2 x6800 @ 2.93GHz

2GB RAM

Windows 7 Ultimate x 32 6.1 Build 7600 (3-day old fresh install)

Nvidia 8800GTX - Driver Ver. 8.15.11.8593 (via dxdiag)

500GB SATA HDD

Try this guys

Find your beta test folder

C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Battleground Europe TEST

Please note XXX is usually your windows login name.

Rename the Battleground Europe test folder to Battleground Europe Test OLD

Then find the ww2.exe file in your C:\Program Files (x86)\CRS\Battleground Europe TEST

And run that file, this will create a new BGETest folder in your Documents folder. And will load the game up with default settings.

If the game loads you will have to go back and set your video resolution and keymapper settings.

Please note it might take awhile for the game to load.

If you are running vista try setting the ww2.exe to run in administrator mode. I had a simmilar problem with 1.30