Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

v1.31.0.18 Tree colision problem

verdoso

Hi there,

It seems to me that the "protective shadow" of the trees is extending a bit too much. If you look at the image: BE_TreeProblem.gif

The only place I could shot the target was at the end of the elbow. Even though I can see his face and a good piece of the torso, shots aiming to the body just hit "the tree".

Resolution is 1440x900 and this is area 51, the first tree to the left of where I performed the rain performance tests.

PD: Yes, I know the clones sometimes just flinch, but that was such a case.

Edited by verdoso

I seemed to have confirmed that the tree is the problem as it also happens the other way round. In the following image, one is unable to hit the target: BE_TreeProblem_2.gif

From behind the tree, you cannot shoot a target even though you can see it completely. If you are too close, you just shoot the tree.

S!

• 1 month later...

Some of the trees have to have their collision cylinders adjusted.

However, as most of the tree trunks are not dead straight (and the collision cylinder must be) they will not always match up as perfectly as your eye says they should. All we can do is average them out to be as close as possible. The example you have pointed out is one of the worst ones, and thus one of the ones we will be adjusting to tighten it up as much as we can.