Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Mouse acceleration and mouse input issues

barkas

That's a "feature" ww2ol seems to have had practically forever.

Practically all other games take the mouse input as is and use it, because you can adjust mouse cursor acceleration in windows already, so not doing it is probably the right thing.

For me there is another issue that's been there forever: If I move the mouse quickly, the game loses mouse events, e.g. does not move me as far around as it would have done had I moved the mouse a bit slower.

That's a "feature" ww2ol seems to have had practically forever.

Practically all other games take the mouse input as is and use it, because you can adjust mouse cursor acceleration in windows already, so not doing it is probably the right thing.

For me there is another issue that's been there forever: If I move the mouse quickly, the game loses mouse events, e.g. does not move me as far around as it would have done had I moved the mouse a bit slower.

This actually causes my hand to cramp up sometimes, and log off usually.

It also means that if you're sitting still watching two doors or something, when you slide to look at one then quickly back your aim is not where you expect it to be. I always just assumed this was some kind of "realism" thing.

Extremely irritating!!

Does nobody else find this irritating??

Yes, it's happened to me since I installed Windows 7 - NEVER happened before that.

Getting in there again I find it more than irritating, it's unplayable.

Game breaking bug for me.

No, I'm talking about the overall mouse feel that WWIIOL has had all along.

Once the issue is reported please don't keep bumping it, this is a reporting forum for dev. not a question and answer forum.

Just curious here what monitor and mouse are you using? I ask because my friend has a nice Samsung monitor using Samsung's PVA tech which provides great image quality and color reproduction but it has horrible input lag. You move the mouse around on the screen and it feels like you're pushing it through molasses. Couple that with high levels of anti-aliasing and it will do what you described when looking at clusters of buildings and trees. That monitor he has is great of Photoshop work but absolutely terrible for gaming.

Edited by haughtkarl

I bought my monitor for minimum input lag, I'm well aware of the Samsung PVA issues.

LG L245WP monitor (MVA, about 16ms input lag, which is as low as you get with a decent display), and Razer Copperhead @ 800dpi iirc.

NB that my old mouse (Logitech Mouseman dual optical), which tracked slower, did not have this problem.

I would be far more concerned about being able to aim at a clone 300 - 500 meters distant through the sniper scope, then drop the scope to hip-fire, and be able to hit the target.

Dudes used to do this with binoculars-then-weapon sights in the Delta Force games.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't remember playing an FPS that didn't offer mouse input sensitivity scaling. Can you give me an example of a game with mouse feel you prefer? I'd be happy to look at it.

Perhaps we should also get one of these super high dpi mouse in house to test with.