Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Bushes and lack there of ...

kc23

They made it ffs. They don't need pics. I'm not talking a few spots on the map' date=' I'm talking the ENTIRE map.[/quote']

KC23,

A picture is worth 1000 words,

and a 1,000,000 gripes.

Danlo, good job!

Please do some more at least 1024x768, that is what most people will have screen set to.

The point isn't that you can't hide a truck (assuming you set up with no one in town). It is that once inf start spawning in they'll be out in the open upon their first few steps away from the truck.

Then there is the Tier 0 Mattys that the axis will now really have a difficult time dealing with as sappers will have little chance of getting to without exposing themselves to every ei within 500m. Tier 3 Tigers will have the same advantage.

Infantry fighting beyond 500m of town will be rare and short lived.

Large tank attacks by the overpop side should have a much easier time of it.

Should be far easier to guard fbs as well.

The point isn't that you can't hide a truck (assuming you set up with no one in town). It is that once inf start spawning in they'll be out in the open upon their first few steps away from the truck.

Then there is the Tier 0 Mattys that the axis will now really have a difficult time dealing with as sappers will have little chance of getting to without exposing themselves to every ei within 500m. Tier 3 Tigers will have the same advantage.

I know I will be wasting my time here, but...

Prove to CRS what you say.

Use the Clone feature, set up some examples,

take pictures

present it.

Danlo started off with some image examples, so put yours in images.

I know I will be wasting my time here, but...

Prove to CRS what you say.

Use the Clone feature, set up some examples,

take pictures

present it.

Danlo started off with some image examples, so put yours in images.

Started to do pics and really compare and it may not be quite as bad as I originally thought. Soon as you get inside that 4-500m area around town the concellent and cover is significantly better than 1.30.

I still think it'll be a lot harder to get msps set up during an active attack, but if you can get your infantry spawning in close to town they have a better chance of getting into town because of the new tree berms, stone fences, shadows and tall grass.

Gonna be fun finding out how that goes in conjunction with the new flag capture paradyme.

Edited by kc23

this is spot on

game will become more tank oriented no doubt

im not sure if its all that bad cause for awhile now tanking has been extremely tuff in the vietnam cover of ww2ol we have now filled with atgs and sappers which actually turns away players too if you think about all the players that die to some atg in a bush 2000 meters outside of town or ninja atr / sapper that noone could see in time

i actually like the new look but agree they are gonna need to add perhaps a few more trees as well as some barns and other objects outskirts to proct msps from ea

and perhaps increase range further out for msp so they got more options

ps tier0 is gonna suck for axis though hehe

Edited by dinker

Spent some serious time pretending to come into a typical town attack with a truck. The more I fool around with it the more I like what I see.

Those stone fences are pretty common and do limit line of sight better than what they replaced. Tree berms also limit line of sight better than what they replaced.

I'm warming up to it.

KC23,

A picture is worth 1000 words,

and a 1,000,000 gripes.

Danlo, good job!

Please do some more at least 1024x768, that is what most people will have screen set to.

Most sane people will have the game set to their native resolution - which for most monitors will be 1280x1024.

Having spent years driving lafflies and setting msps, i agree its going to be harder to get one setup concealed and they will probably be dieing faster if they drive in alone.

This will likely cause a shift where people actually try to tow in an atg to kill the pan/232/vickies that come out to greet the msp. Or possibly bring a friend in armor.

It cuts down on the ninja rush type of gameplay and promotes head on fighting.

The cp capture mechanic will probably be a reward to those that actually succeed in making it into a town.

A setup zoc with sustained infantry flow into a town is more than likely going to result in some very fast cp captures.

I honestly think this change to less vegitation is going to benefit the game a great deal.

The atg/tank game is going to be much more rewarding now. Much like it was when we had the old short x-bush lines where you could see for 2k.

I am a bit concerned about the woods though. There really is almost no safty there from air attack anymore. it was one of the refuges from air quake and that is gone now.

Having spent years driving lafflies and setting msps, i agree its going to be harder to get one setup concealed and they will probably be dieing faster if they drive in alone.

This will likely cause a shift where people actually try to tow in an atg to kill the pan/232/vickies that come out to greet the msp. Or possibly bring a friend in armor.

It cuts down on the ninja rush type of gameplay and promotes head on fighting.

The cp capture mechanic will probably be a reward to those that actually succeed in making it into a town.

A setup zoc with sustained infantry flow into a town is more than likely going to result in some very fast cp captures.

I honestly think this change to less vegitation is going to benefit the game a great deal.

The atg/tank game is going to be much more rewarding now. Much like it was when we had the old short x-bush lines where you could see for 2k.

I am a bit concerned about the woods though. There really is almost no safty there from air attack anymore. it was one of the refuges from air quake and that is gone now.

I think there might be a serious issue with capturing towns though.

Back in those days it only took an inf humping a table.

Now it requires getting right in there.

Mega stalemate predicted, could be ugly. But we won't know until we get in there and try it.

Most sane people will have the game set to their native resolution - which for most monitors will be 1280x1024.

most are 1080P(1920x1080 or so) resoultion now...thats the STANDARD resolution now

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really looking forward to testing this out in some live fire. There are good points on all sides here, glad you gents are putting some thought into this issue.

I'm really looking forward to testing this out in some live fire. There are good points on all sides here' date=' glad you gents are putting some thought into this issue.[/quote']

Gophur,

If it does indeed mean we need more trees/bushes, is that going to be a major task or something that could be done rather quickly?

I heard someone mentioning there are a million trees placed on the current map, I sure hope extra ones dont have to be added one by one...