Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Am i supposed to have such bad 1.31 fps ?

fleau

S!

Here is my new PC i bought to replace my laptop :

Core i5 750

4 go DDR3 memory (OCZ gold platinium)

ATI HD 4890 1go

Raptor 10000 rpm 150 go (for system AND wwiol install)

Windows 7 64bits

9.12 ati drivers

with that "beast" (i tought i was not bad btw),

i have only 20 fps with the ".benchantwerp"

I saw some of others specs and some of you, E6000 owners seems to run 1.31 smoother.

I tried others "big games" and everything runs really fast with max details on.

So i dont understand... Did i missed something ? should i upgrade again ?

Edited by fleau

i got the same low fps with almost the same system specs. the problem is probably the 9.12 drivers and older in combination with battleground.

i hope this will be fixed before the release....

you dont need to upgrade your pc, just patience is enough

Edited by j0rdi

Ok thank you for feedback anyways.

So i wont try to change anything and just way for a huge 1.31 optimization ;)

That dont explain why E6600 procs runs that beta smoother...

AMD 940 3.0 GHz Quad Core

8 gbs DDR2 Memeory OCZ

ATI HD 4670 1gb

WD 320gb 7200 RPM Drive

Windows 7 64bit

ATI 9.12 Drivers

.benchremagen 34fps

.benchvechicles 34fps

.benchantwerp 24 fps

Same thing here AMD 5600+ @ 3.1, HD4850 1gb, 4 gigs of ram. Get the same bench at Antwerp & you should get better FPS than me. Probably a problem with ATI drivers like jordi said.

Core 2 Duo 8500

Gtx260

8 gig RAM

Triplehead2go [5040 x 1050]

benchremagen - 37

Benchantwerp- 36

remagen + veh - 22

Eye candy on or off makes next to no diff...

But if I overclock the proc to 4ghtz my FPS almost doubles on the first two... ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Before you start to compare FPS must you remember that the code isn't finished yet.

Gophur and Jaeger has mention it several times that the code will be optimized which will increase the FPS when 1.31 is ready for release.

4890 appears to be a particularly problematic card with the current beta. But it's a beta, as in, not finished yet :)

Its the 4890, it doesn't like this game. I get the same FPS as you do with a much less powerful CPU (E6600).

I just received my ATI 5870 video card, and getting dismal FPS as well (and no leaves on the trees, just the branches, that appears to be an ATI issue because my NVidia 8800 had no such problem).

Specs:

Intel QX 9650 @4GHz (333x12)

4Gb memory

Windows 7 x64

Saphire HD 5870 1Gb (core clocks), 9.12 catalyst drivers, 1920x1200

Best performance:

.benchremagen 53

.benchvehicles 26

.benchantwerp 29

Best quality (everything maxed out):

.benchremagen 29

.benchvehicles 16

.benchantwerp 19

I went ahead and ticketed this. It is odd that the 4890 is doing poorly when the 4850 seems to be fine.

UI'm still betting a driver revision will help but we do have a new ATi rep in Dallas so hopefully he can help us out.

Seems there is an issu With 5XXX card too

I Get an ATI 5770 ( and a Better CPU too I5-750+Win7-64) on my new PC and all Bench results are worse than on my old PC with GF7950 Gt ( E6600 +XP)

There are some quirks to the i5 architecture that might be causing this. CPUs 0 thru 3 run at a different speed than cores 4 thru 8. Try setting the WW2.exe affinity to CPUs 0 thru 3 and repeating the tests. Some configurations may benefit from only using Cores 0 and 1.

Only that i5 750 has only 4 cores and no hyperthreading so there cant be more cores then 4. And this is afflicting everyone with 5xxx series card no matter what processor they run (turbo mode or not, case in point ziporama with his core2quad).

Its odd my old nvidia 8800GTX seems to be doing fine(much better the the beasts others have). I thought I was going to have to upgrade.

This is definately an issue with ATi 5xxx cards and for some reason 4890 cards running on the latest drivers.

It could be us, or it could be ATi OpenGL driver implementation. We're working on it.

Edited by GOPHUR