Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Launching Ragdolls

galutgolem

Given that bombs and mortars detonate after they've embedded in the ground a bit, lots of the concussive force is directed upwards, resulting in launched human beings.

Soldier A observes an arty impact at Soldier B's feet and Soldier B appears to vaporize or disappear, when in reality he has been launched into the air. Soldier A's gaze isn't able to track Soldier B because he is too close. If he was more distant he would have been able to see that Soldier B got launched.

Understanding that there is no terrain deformation in this game, the larger the concussive force of the round, the larger the radius from the point of impact in which a player might be launched upwards.

That upward concussion should be dangerous to low-flying airplanes, also.

Given that bombs and mortars detonate after they've embedded in the ground a bit, lots of the concussive force is directed upwards, resulting in launched human beings.

Soldier A observes an arty impact at Soldier B's feet and Soldier B appears to vaporize or disappear, when in reality he has been launched into the air. Soldier A's gaze isn't able to track Soldier B because he is too close. If he was more distant he would have been able to see that Soldier B got launched.

Understanding that there is no terrain deformation in this game, the larger the concussive force of the round, the larger the radius from the point of impact in which a player might be launched upwards.

what?

Yeah, getting a body entangled in your prop should cause all sorts of problems.:D

I've noticed that if more than 25 clones are produced bullets will not always cause damage to targets....

May be an issue with my compy

Interesting, don;t know how we'd achieve that without some more serious sim power but that's what we do.

Also noticed that I'm not getting good effects offline when killing multiples with bombs. Want ramp to have a look.

SShot15.bmp

• 2 weeks later...

Ramp says:

The reason you would only see some clones die is probably because of the

10 ragdoll limit. I've made some changes that should help:

* you can now kill trooper clones when you don't have ragdolls enabled

* when more than 10 ragdolls are present, one of the old death animations

play

* clone ids now wrap back to 1 when you hit 99

* can still only have 99 clones out at a time

We can increase the force from bombs if you think we need too, but I'd try

it with these changes first and see if it does or does not feel right now.

Let's retest this in next released beta. Seems there is a limit on ragdolls so that we don't kill performance.

Edited by GOPHUR