Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Opel torque

Merc88

I can confirm merc's findings

in 1.31 the opel is unable to get up the verdun hill, and half-tracks the 7 and the 251c get down to about 1000 or less rpm in first gear while going up the hill.

however all the allied trucks have no problem flying up that hill in 2nd or 3rd gear.

• 2 weeks later...

Need to be more specific, works great for me. only changes I can see are some changes to the horsepower curves (more at a higher peak rpm) and those were done a LOOONG time ago as in before 1.30 went into beta.

Hmm, dunno on second look. Those changes are dated with 1.30.3 but not sure if they got published then or not.

Still gonna need more testing, I'm climbing the roads around Verdun just fine in third and fourth gear.

Edited by GOPHUR

• Registered Users

Gohpur, I think they mean offroad climbing straightline up to the abby hilltop.

It's a pretty steep offroad climb to expect a 2x4 truck to manage IMO.

• Registered Users

I just checked all trucks on the hill going to the abby (churches area on top of the hill at eastside verdun).

Test was leave eab then pass east side of town and head directly north uphill.

Both HTs, both laffys, and the morris will climb the hill. HTs and morris need 1st gear to crawl up, laffys can do in 2nd gear. 8 speed tranny on laffys vrs 4 speed on the others so seems roughly same climb speed.

Beddy nor opel will climb this hill as both lose traction, both are 2x4 trucks. Beddy will go bit farther up than the opel but the opel is 5 speed vrs 4 speed beddy so 1st is lower geared than beddy 1st (more torque = quicker traction loss) and opels 2nd is higher gearing than beddys 1st gear and stalls.

Haveing driven offraod fields and woodlands this seems about right. This hill looks to be more than 30* grade.

my test bed was trying to go up the hillside to notre dam in verdun.

they all did straight runs offroad towards the hill same spot as fast as they could go.

all the trucks/ half-trucks except the opel made it up this spot, opel was full throttle all the way, I was down shifting as RPM fell to keep rpm up

eventually the opel was down to 1st gear and not moving as soon as i let the throttle out the opel starting rolling down hill.

the opel got maybe 20-30 meters up the hill before it stoped and just sat spinning its tires, for a dually it sure didn't grip like one.]

btw I know 4 tyres on the rear axel do not add much traction, but why do we have that if it isn't used/modeled?

Edited by whitten

also any fix in the works that keeps a opel from exploding when hitting a bump at 100kmh?

I was on a downhill grade that had a road on it and the speedo hit 100kmh first bump i hit at bottom of the hill caused me to explode?

the opel cant go 100kmh?

so you do not know that putting a vehicle in Neutral when going down a steep grade allows you to go faster?

Dual tires are modelled but this isn;t a traction issue, it is a torque issue I'd think.

Either way. I have no expectation that the Opel should make it up that hill, it should not. Beddy neither, the others are all capable climbers IMHO.

I see no issue here but I'll run the beddy just to confirm.