Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

8.5 years and you still haven't fixed it

feckless

The no texture falling through world bug. I've played this game on three different systems and yet the same bug occurs. Seems to me it's proof enough that it's the game rather than me....

They can't fix what they don't know about. CRS has repeatedly stated if you find a hole in the terrain, send them a report with the lat/lon and it will be fixed.

They can't fix what they don't know about. CRS has repeatedly stated if you find a hole in the terrain' date=' send them a report with the lat/lon and it will be fixed.[/quote']

Reading and comprehension isn't part of your character is it? The first sentence states it all, it doesn't matter where if there are no ground textures you fall through the world.

Reading and comprehension isn't part of your character is it? The first sentence states it all' date=' it doesn't matter where if there are no ground textures you fall through the world.[/quote']

let me say this a bit more slowly and in bigger letters.

IF YOU FIND A PART OF THE MAP THAT HAS A HOLE IN THE TERRAIN MAP OR MISSING TEXTURES, MAKE A REPORT AND INCLUDED THE LATITUDE AND LONGITUDE SO IT CAN BE FIXED.

Ok, I typed that considerably slower than normal anyway.

I'm trying to help, which is why I assume you posted in this forum. If I am mistaken and you do not want help but merely want to complain, please let me know and I will happily move the thread to a place where it can be more productive.

Hick what he is saying is that if the text doesn't render, which is not in a fixed place then you fall through.

Hick what he is saying is that if the text doesn't render' date=' which is not in a fixed place then you fall through.[/quote']

The texture shouldn't have any effect on whether or not you "fall through" the terrain. The terrain map has fixed colliders which prevent the avatar from passing through it. If the collider is missing or misinterpreted (as is the case with "sarlaac") the player falls through. Generally speaking, these missing or buggy colliders are located in the same place.

I have had several instances of the terrain texture not rendering (bushes, trees, and other objects render on top of a white or invisible terrain tile) but the "ground" is still solid underfoot.

If it is, in fact, a random occurence, then I'm sure CRS would like more information as to its occurence and the circumstances surrounding the occurence (what you were doing in game, where you were, what things were running on the computer besides BE, system specs, etc) all sent up in a detailed bug report.

Coming on here and complaining they haven't fixed an issue without even giving any useful information as to what the issue isn't going to accomplish anything.

Sometimes when you takeoff at antwerp, i often saw a tile of terrain that dont load. In fact it s misplaced and if you go a bit more east (schilde or something) 2 tiles are overlapping. I allready report it

Well if the ground tile doesn't render for you, of course you "fall through" because that's how the collider is put there that normally you "walk on" ... by rendering the ground tile.

If you haven't got a ground tile rendered then the method by which the collider is created there is not able to place a collider there. No there is no altrernative way to do this unless you'd like to create a whole new terrain technology for us.

So the real solution to the probem (as in "solution" that will actually be able to happen in the short term) is to work out why YOU don't get a terrain tile rendered there while me and the others standing on that spot, do.

THAT would be why a report should have some replication detail in it. So we can see if there's a problem locally with the world that was built there. You may well have a situation where it happens to you but not to others ... which means it's local to you not everyone. That is important to know actually.

Changing the whole "this is how a ground collider is added to the world" by creating an entirely alternate and new way to do it (I suspect you're hinting at some invisible mesh that doesn't require a ground tile but it still requires the same local rendering as a ground tile does so it won't solve anything WRT your problem) just isn't going to happen right now. An entirely new game is more likely to happen sooner than that is. Sometimes you have to work with what you have.