Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

[Mac] Alt-tab and windowed mode cause display corruption

tiborg

Using window mode (cmd-f) to switch out of the app worked wonderfully under 1.30 but now it results in the games display becoming corrupted and unusable when switching back to the app. So now neither way of switching out of the app can be used.

Using window mode (cmd-f) to switch out of the app worked wonderfully under 1.30 but now it results in the games display becoming corrupted and unusable when switching back to the app. So now neither way of switching out of the app can be used.

Confirmed issues with the screen when issuing cmd-f. When I press cmd-f the screen just gets dark with some of the trees appearing and able to move like as if I was still in game. When pressing cmd-f a second time, the game comes back up as normal.

OK things changed in the meantime. I fixed some other mouse issues and it works in a window but obviously not with cmd-f. cmd-h by itself is worse, the desktop comes up but the monitor is still owned by the game so you see the game but can't access it.

What video cards are you folks running?

This is why having someone other than me use the app is useful :-0

EDIT: Yeah it sucks right now unless you like psychedelic art. Bug.

Edited by AHWULF

• 2 months later...

I couldn't even get Cmd-F to work yesterday in the full day Givet testing.

Nothing happened at all.

I will need to re-test to try Cmd-H, I wasn't aware of that key combo before this thread.

wwiiolsig.jpg

CMd-f no longer supported' date=' using cmd-H or cmd-tab should hide the game.[/quote']

Cmd-Tab worked, but my System Menu bar was invisible, and the cursor was invisible.

I could click and drag and see the selection rectangle, but no cursor. Because of this, I couldn't get my Dock to appear (it is auto-hide).

After I used Option-Arrow to go to a different Space, the menu, cursor and dock all behaved normally.

After that every time I Cmd-Tab back and forth everything was normal.

I then relaunched the game to test Cmd-H from scratch, and everything behaved normally.

There was, however, a LONG delay before another program would respond, and a lot of beachballing going on. And everytime I launched or accessed a new program, it was slow. I assume it was RAM being freed up for other programs to use.

I have:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro1,1

Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Number Of Processors: 2

Total Number Of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB

Memory: 3 GB

Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MP11.005D.B00

SMC Version (system): 1.7f10

3 GB 667MHz DDR2 DIMMs

ATI Radeon HD 4870:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 4870

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9440

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

Displays:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 2560 x 1600

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Hmm Spaces, I guess I should try that. I have the same box and without spaces it works correctly. How did you get a 4870 with 1GB of vram?

This is mine:

Type: GPU

Slot: Slot-2

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

ROM Revision: 113-B7710F-176

Yes with 3GB of ran its likely all your other apps were swapped out. I have 8GB. Plus with the larger display the vram could be swapped out as well.

Hmm Spaces, I guess I should try that. I have the same box and without spaces it works correctly. How did you get a 4870 with 1GB of vram?

This is mine:

Type: GPU

Slot: Slot-2

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

ROM Revision: 113-B7710F-176

Yes with 3GB of ran its likely all your other apps were swapped out. I have 8GB. Plus with the larger display the vram could be swapped out as well.

eBay, PC card flashed by a guy with really high feedback & ratings, 30 day unconditional refund.

It was 1/2 way between the cost of a Mac-native card and a PC card, and 30 days shoud be enough time to see if it was a lemon or not, so I figured, what the hey?

By the way, 3 GB is plenty for our game, right? Is there anything to be gained by adding more?

Thanks,

wwiiolsig.jpg

Edited by romzburg

By the way, 3 GB is plenty for our game, right? Is there anything to be gained by adding more?

Thanks,

A minimum!

4gb better.

I have 3, and I am paging out quite a bit

3GB including the operating system, the finder and the clutter leak (still being fixed) you'd be safer having 4GB or more. Note we have so many textures now some get paged back into RAM due to the mac opengl virtualization of textures (its kinda aggressive) so in essence they are backed up in the application memory space. On the PC they are backed in the OS space so you don't see them as readily as "part" of the application.

I've also noticed that Safari and the Finder (when you use cover flow) wind up caching a lot of stuff in ram and refuse to give it back. XCode is terrible as well, sometimes I have to actually reboot my 8GB mac just to clear the caches (this is under Snow Leopard). So the more RAM you have the better :-)

Tested offline, cmd-h is working fine. Sometimes the mouse cursor is still visible when I return to the game, but pressing option turns it off.