Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

infantry immune to sapper charge?

frito123

for fun i tried laying down a sapper charge at my feet a couple times and the first charge wouldnt kill me even though i was standing right over it. Sometimes the 2nd one wouldnt either and i would put them at the same spot at my feet standing up straight right above it

This was in 1.30 btw but actually i tried this offline in 1.31 now that i remember and i layed down a satchel right under a bunch of clones and none of them died. It was directly underneath them.

Edited by frito123

Satchels are shaped charges.

O

L_[X]===BOOM GO THIS WAY===>>>

|

L

sure? seems quite lethal even tho i run away 5-10meters

The clones are a hack so that we could have them for development routines, they do not follow, match or correlate directly to anything in the damage/ballistics code in the same way that your player avatar does. Looking for differances and then basing a bug report on that differance is going to produce no really usable bug data.

Additionally, Gophur is correct in that current satchel charges direct all their explosive energy outwards in a unidirectional manner, being a HEAT shaped charge weapon. Concussion however will spread outwards in 360 degrees which is why you get some effect (although nothing like their full explosive value) when you move away but are still relatively close to the charge when it goes off.

You cannot form any valuable conclusions from how clones are affected in relating that back to reporting a bug for regular player controlled avatars however. Every effect on the clones is a faked effect (there in order to test various ODE routines) ... as far as ballistic/explosion consequences on clones goes it isn't employing the complicated ballistics/explosion consequence computations we are when applying them to player avatars.

You heard it hear boys, CRS Haxxors! :D

Seriously Doc, when you have the time (which I'm sure will be "soon":rolleyes:) I would love to hear more about how clones function.

Additionally, clones damage taking is utterly fubar afaik.

They were a production hack for making screenshots and weren't actually ever planned for release to you guys. We just put them in the release because I thought it was fun.