Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

No leaves on trees - ATI radeon?

ziporama

While the known bug list includes "some videocards don't draw speedtrees", I'm not sure if this is relevant or not.

None of my trees have leaves on my new ATI 5870, Catalyst 9.12 drivers. The trunks and branches are ok, just no green foliage. Happens at any graphic setting I tried (low to high), and using all defaults on the Catalyst driver.

Specs:

Intel QX9650 @4.0GHz

4Gb memory

Windows 7 x64

ATI 5870 1Gb - Catalyst 9.12 drivers, 1920x1200

Image in the beta:

ww2%202010-01-09%2014-00-40-69.jpg

Image in the production version:

WW2_sse2%202010-01-09%2014-27-57-25.jpg

Is this normal?

Zip

Edited by ziporama
added image

I was gonna say LOL! hehehe

You could say LOL ... or you could say, if they could figure out how to replicate this - reliably - on NVIDIA and ATI - then we would have seasons (two) in WWIIOL and a whole new game to play. One in which - conversely to the real war - tanks and ATG ruled in winter.

Hell, if they figured out how to do it for only some tree models, we could have four seasons.

One more bug that improves game play ;)

ZIP:

You have a QX9650 at 4GHz

Is this clocked? (And from what if it is ... and if it is, are you on air or water cooling?)

And I believe you are getting 70-fps (the top screenie), which is why I am interested, as I am running at 3GHz - with an almost identical system (but NVIDIA) - and I get 64 for that same test.

Ta for any info.

you know, CRS could simply provide 3 sets of the game world.

1 summer, 1 fall, 1 winter.

that ATI radeon one looks like fall or snowless winter.

I can replicate this on a 5700 series ATI. I'm attempting to come up with a work around. I suspect this to be a driver issue, since SpeedTree had this problem once before with nVidia.

BRANKO:

My CPU is watercooled using a Swiftech high flow system, and I'm running 1GHz above stock at ~1.4 volts, keeps it around 62C under torture tests, about 40-50C in normal use, no more than 28C idle. Confirm the 70 FPS with max shadows but everything pretty much off at 1920x1200 on this 1.31 beta. Getting 136 on 1.30 with everything maxed out on the same card.

Zip

Edited by ziporama

Damn, I need to get me one of those watercoolers! (I can get about 3.5 on my 9650 - with air - before it curls up and dies).

I have:

QX9650 (@ standard 3GHz)

4GB Ram

Win 7 64-bit

NVIDIA 9800GT X 2 in SLi Mode.

For the same test in 1.31 beta, I get 63-FPS

So - ignoring any SLi effect (because as far as we know, there isn't much of one) - that is a 10% FPS gain for a 25% hike in processor speed.

From other results people are posting, I would have expected more than that. Maybe your Radeon issues are also slowing your FPS some, Zip?

Anyway, thanks for the info, Zip.

Update now that the 10.1 Catalyst drivers are coming out. Note a rather significant bump in FPS, went from 76 in 9.12 to 98 in 10.1., or +29%, same settings.

ww2%202010-01-14%2020-30-53-49.jpg

Link to drivers 10.1 courtesy of MSI if you need them:

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=130&prod_no=1909

Still no leaves, but what a difference drivers make!

Cheers,

Edited by ziporama

Zipper I just knew you'd find a way to get rid of those damn trees always blocking your view!!! Good on ya mate!... OH!! its not supposed to be like that? thought you found a way to make the seasons change.