Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Army Base Walls

peegee77

It is possible to push some guns through the "murder holes" of the new Army Base walls. Certainly works with 25mm AAA and 2lber ATG. Intentional or bug?

Not being argumentative, but just looking for clarification. If I can push a 4 foot wide gun shield through a 3 foot wide hole (climbing half way up the wall and getting concussion in the process) that sounds like a bug to me.

Are you saying the official CRS line is that, if a bug can be shown to have occurred in 1.30 then it won't be considered as a bug in 1.31? So being able to clip under rubble and shoot people above? being able to view the landscape with no bushes? and all the other old 1.30 bugs?

Are you saying we should not report these bugs if we find them in 1.31?

Not being argumentative' date=' but just looking for clarification. If I can push a 4 foot wide gun shield through a 3 foot wide hole (climbing half way up the wall and getting concussion in the process) that sounds like a bug to me.[/quote']

You didn't say that now did you?

What you reported was "my infantry can walk through a door". Why would that be a bug?

If you said, my infantry can walk through a curtained window but it gives him a concussion" that would be a bug then yea?

Ok, enough snark.

I'll have a look but I got enough from your post to see that this is a collider exploit issue just like the gajillion other places you can push an ATG in the game. Probably have to wait until wither we redo the ATG's or we redo the collision model.

You didn't say that now did you?

What you reported was "my infantry can walk through a door". Why would that be a bug?

If you said, my infantry can walk through a curtained window but it gives him a concussion" that would be a bug then yea?

Ok, enough snark.

I'll have a look but I got enough from your post to see that this is a collider exploit issue just like the gajillion other places you can push an ATG in the game. Probably have to wait until wither we redo the ATG's or we redo the collision model.

Fair comment. If anyone asks I'll tell them GOPHUR said it would definitely be fixed next patch. Or soon, whichever is sooner.

Our intentions in building it was simply to 'replace' the older fence models murder holes in height and width only. There was no intention for the larger guns to get through, it may have just been an oversight but we (art side) weren't looking to be able to get everything through the hole. If you are trying to clip a larger gun through, then I would think that's the clipping issue Gophur was talking about.

We have some new tech on the backend now and in the future when we get around to replacing those we maybe able to make them a little more usable with damaged and undamaged states, but that won't be for 1.31 release.