Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Death trigger bugsquashing idea gophur

Tigger6

Try to check whether the reset control is correctly iterated over all control inputs. I doubt it is so, because the control input from my JS (primary, defined through keymapper) is reset but the control from my mouse (defined only through cfml file) is not.

According to this the client doesn't receive any more input when the gunner is truely dead.

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/component/content/article/18-discussion-feedback/4326-death-trigger

Well that is all nice and that, but i can have a very, very dead gunner (all bars at 0) and I can still move my gun with mouse (although not with the primary input that is joystick).

I mean.. I don't do drugs.

I can't really test the status on this in 1.31 atm. (home sick). I'll note it to check.

Or let it be and I'll check it when online 1.31 beta rolls out with more effort. (works 100% of the time in 1.30 but maybe shooting only works when you don't let go of the trigger...)

• 1 month later...

Tested it in 1.31. The behavior is the same:

When killed, first input is reset = can't move using joystick,

but subsequent inputs are not = can move using mouse.

My initial assumption was that trigger could also work if mapped separately in .cfml but this is luckily not the case. I was not able to fire the gun a single time while testing (when completely dead).

Another, maybe associated behavior is the following:

You cannot shoot when your stamina drops below certain threshold. You can however shoot if you did not let go of the trigger. I.E.- Hold the trigger and you can shoot until your stamina is at 0%. However if your stamina is at 10% you will not be able to press the trigger and shoot. One can try this by taking the Pak40 and shooting HE at very close wall. (With the 17pdr you will get killed by the second round, Pak40 survives more)

This is probably a really minor bug, I'm noting it just in case it has some significance in this matter.

Seems to be just the mouse input that does this. It will be looked at, ticketed when I get to the office.

I think it's quite harmless unless it combines with something else and causes the deathtrigger bug but I was not able to achieve that.

• 2 weeks later...