Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Valenciennes "Terrain Join" of Death

romzburg

Concerning the Valenciennes "gas leak" pixel of death from the other thread, I learned some new stuff.

The instant death issue is not caused by falling through the earth.

It does occur on the terrain join line, but you do not fall. You suffer instant blackscreen and collapse dead on the ground right there. You don't fall through the ground and eventually die.

I just gave this a BUNCH of new testing, and the instant death does NOT occur only in that one room in the SE corner of the big building south of the Orchies depot.

Instant death occurs in EVERY room, all along that terrain join while you are *inside* a building that has that same terrain join running through it. Look on the map and see that 5 buildings have that terrain join running through them.

The 3 that are oriented with long sides of buildings going N-S *all* give instant death as you run on that join.

The 2 with longs sides going E-W only flaash screen, n o matter how mauch I tried I couldn't get an instant death event.

I went to the next terrain join to the East (800 meters east, in the building near the river & bridge), and was able to get an instant death event once, but not when I tried it again.

Weird.

Good luck CRS.

you wonder why no one has noticed this before... I tried it offline recently, and it's amazing that in some valenciennes battle people haven't just fallen dead and wondered why they see no kill name. Or maybe it just never happens?

very strange