Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Deployed weapons not firing on first click (replicated) - #3178

greyman

The problem is that the game 'remembers' your lowered/raised weapon state ([L] key) even after you've deployed. So when your weapon doesn't fire that first shot, in the code it's still 'raising' it (as if you're undeployed), then fires on the second press.

Hopefully a fix can be done up, but in the meantime, if you lower your weapon, raise it again before you deploy, and it should fire first click every time.

Light machine guns, anti-tank rifles and mortars all suffer from this.

Is this in 1.31?

EDIT: This is repeatable for all deployed weapons in 1.31 first offline client.

Test:

Lower weapon with L

go prone

deploy weapon (make sure you do not left click at all or it will clear the state)

wait until fully deployed holding down left mouse to fire will not fire, you must tap it once to clear the hidden 'lowered' state and then it will fire.

Note: This also happens for all weapons when lowering and going prone and try to fire (without zoomed aiming)

Edited by gtanner

Is this in 1.31?

This problem has been in game since LMGs were introduced... No idea if it's still in 1.31.

That's why I run around with my LMG always raised.... Looks stupid, but it can be a lifesaver if you're having to click the trigger an extra time to get it to fire.

Edited by tayvl

• 2 months later...
Timmy says its fixed.

For me this looks like it is fixed.

Did the following:

Spawned as German light inf

lowered weapon with L

went prone with v

deployed with b

pressed fire butten LMB

-> it fired instantly as expected at the first click

When I stood up again with v, the weapon was no longer lowered