Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Need Testing - Gear jammed - no shudder, hardly audible. #3769

ghostrider

much like the title...while flying if you forget to bring your gear up when you near the critical speed which will jam your gear there is almost no warning like in previous version. I hear a bit of a sound but it is almost entirely drowned out by the sound of the engine and there is no more shuddering in the plane; makes it hard to now if you forgot to bring up your gear

i tested this in a spitfire9 and 109g.

There's actually gear indicators in the cockpit that tell you if your gear is up/down.

easy to forget.. even tho im flying most of the time i forget it alot :D

• 4 weeks later...

1.31.0.30 - Gear jam audio is very audible now but the shudders and sound leading up to it hardly noticeable. By the time you hear the gear jam sound it is too late to retract them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm...

I'm testing this and getting different results. Very clear to me.

Can you retest with sound in software and hardware and try a couple different planes?

Canopy and gear adjusted for 1.31.0.33.

Comment:

I decreased the damage over time a little to give more of a window to

close the canopy or raise the gear. I was getting maybe 5-10 more seconds

before my gear or canopy would jam. The camera also shakes now while your component is being damaged.

I'm happy with this except there is no canopy sound? I thought there was but apparently never has been. Think we'll add the gear wind noise to the canopy as well and call this done.