Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Feedback - Infantry Weapon Changes

GOPHUR

This thread is for players who have participated in our Focus Test - Infantry Fight.

Please give Feedback on the following:

Infantry Weapon Changes

* SMG recoil reduction

* Auto undeploy for deployed weapons when you move

* Undeploy actions no longer hamper movement

Works good, can't find any bugs with them.

Smg's look good now .. british one a little more kick than the rest and thats realistic.

Like SMGs, but personally my issue with the French SMG was never really compensating for recoil, it was the way the gun bounces around and the crosshairs literally move away from the center of the screen, where as the gun doesnt bounce around with the other two weapons.

No issues from what time I have played.

All working good as far as I can tell - the recoil is hard to test because the muzzle flash seems inordinately bright, so aim on full auto or even burst is a PITA.

The auto-undeploy function works great. Any press of the movement keys while deployed causes immediate movement and initates the undeploy motion, but you are unable to switch weapons until the sequence is completed, which is a good thing.

This is a wonderful improvement; I think the antitank riflemen will benefit most from this feature.

Major improvement on the french smg. Thompson seems more controllable and still has some climb that seems reasonable since its a bigger round and fast rate of fire. Didn't notice much change with the german smg but i rarely use it in game so will leave that opinion to the other testers.

french smg is damn deadly now. was mowing down germans in schilde yesterday.

the flash i'm not a fan of at all. way to hollywood. way to obstructive. would probably light a cigar real well though.

Never used one of the allied smg in real life, but they seem way to easy to fire. I liked it better before, but that is just me who do not want it to easy to snipe with and smg.

All working good as far as I can tell - the recoil is hard to test because the muzzle flash seems inordinately bright' date=' so aim on full auto or even burst is a PITA.[/quote']
the flash i'm not a fan of at all. way to hollywood. way to obstructive. would probably light a cigar real well though.

Agreed. The muzzle flash is too large/stays on the screen too long; it obscures sight picture, particularly for LMGs. :/

Liked this, everything seemed to be good, even got ranged kills with the brit and french smg! (OMFG)!!!! :D

I like the tracers on lmgs now too...sweet :D

Never used one of the allied smg in real life' date=' but they seem way to easy to fire. I liked it better before, but that is just me who do not want it to easy to snipe with and smg.[/quote']

Svart the french smg used a relatively small round IRL so it should be fairly easy to control. The thompson should be tougher to control and that is reflected in this patch but it still seems a little more controlable than it was in the last version.

* SMG recoil reduction

I think it should be a little more recoil

* Auto undeploy for deployed weapons when you move

Like it feels good

* Undeploy actions no longer hamper movement

yup ditto, nice

I think the problem with muzzle flash is this:

In real life I get infinite fps with my eyes.

In the game I only get in the teens in big battles, 20s normally, and 40s when I'm away from towns.

So muzzle flash animation that takes a couple frames is in my vision WAAAY longer than it would be in real life.

To compensate, I would reduce the flash size itself to have a maximum diameter of only two or three times the diameter of the barrel.

Then for automatic weapons I would cue that muzzle flash on the first trigger pull, then only again every .75 second or so. Previously I had said every 4th or 5th bullet, but at a high rate of fire and medium to low fps, it would still be onscreen constantly.

wwiiolsig.jpg

• 2 months later...

The undeployment changes are great. Now you just need to make reloading interruptible. Or at least remove the auto-reload for ATRs.

Spread for the SMGs seems about right, but shouldn't they all have at least some climb? Only the Thompson does. Sure it's got a heavier round, but the gun itself is also much heavier. Maybe they should have more recoil with a little less dispersion in return. Not that I know really. Have to ask someone who's actually fired these things, I guess.

Ditto on the muzzle flashes. I'm not experienced, but I'm pretty sure they shouldn't obscure vision that much. Maybe make them transparent. Right now they just look like a white blob.