Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Need Test - Sprint fast turn and prone (needs explanation of issue)

fiambre

I noticed that i can make high speed turns if sprinting while on prone positon. Since it was changed for stand/walk not sure if is a little bug, something forgotten or it has been coded that way.

I wonder anyway why it has been changed when on stand position.

Infantery has the less options to survive from any weapon :-) Why make it harder to try to reach short distances or to be able to reach safely to cover?

If i can beg to leave the sprint/turning stuff as it was, i would be very very very very very very very very very very very very pleased :-) It didnt sound to me unrealistic how infantery was moving.

S!

Are you saying that it still works with the super-gamey lie-sprint-lie? Good bug catch if it is so. I'll test it when I come to beta but I have the feeling that you can still change direction when you strafe+run at the same time.

I also really like the smg sway when you are firing from the hip and strafing.

All insta-turning infantry movements need to go. This fix is a step in the right direction.

Tha ability to intantly turning to any direction is the primary cause of all warping experienced in this game.

I noticed that i can make high speed turns if sprinting while on prone positon. Since it was changed for stand/walk not sure if is a little bug, something forgotten or it has been coded that way.

I wonder anyway why it has been changed when on stand position.

Infantery has the less options to survive from any weapon :-) Why make it harder to try to reach short distances or to be able to reach safely to cover?

If i can beg to leave the sprint/turning stuff as it was, i would be very very very very very very very very very very very very pleased :-) It didnt sound to me unrealistic how infantery was moving.

S!

You must be from a planet without inertia.

Only thing I've noticed is what I can only call "sliding", in that inf move about 5 yards without any animation. In other words, I see the EI (or even on my own side) stop running, but the avatar slides another 5 yards without the running animation.

I don't see it often, but it's been there a few times since the last client release.

yesterday on 131029 still im able to sprint and turn very fast when on on crouch mode.

Added to this:

A lot of times, when i lie on floor, and i stand up and start sprinting i dont get the sprint speed... my rifle/weapon doesnt appear.

I need to stop, wait 1-2 secs for weapon to appear in front of me and then im able to sprint.

Seems a delay on the transitions or something like this.

And now, my tears: why cant turn when sprinting? :D real infantery CAN do it. We dont need to make infatery easier to kill... but harder! :-)

please please please please :-) leave as it is on 1.30 (please) :-D

S!

I noticed some trouble when going from prone to standing sprint, 1/2 the time it would not work. I would have to stop and restart sprint, seems to be more of a latency input type issue.

I have not had disappearing weapons though.

Yes I am using netcode2.