Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Need Test - Ruined buildings still have wall collider

lutorm

While running around in Nijmegen, I encountered a ruined building where I could not cross the line where the wall had been. Unfortunately I got killed so I couldn't investigate further.

Is there any way I can do this offline? The intersection of limited beta hours, limited game time, and the fact that the building must be a ruin doesn't make it easy to do online.

Is there any way I can do this offline? The intersection of limited beta hours' date=' limited game time, and the fact that the building must be a ruin doesn't make it easy to do online.[/quote']

Unfortunatly there are no destroyed buildings off-line :(

I was finding difficulty climbing steep rubble some buildings produce during online beta last week i just had to negotiate to get over it properly, is it possible it was this kind of situation?

Doc's setting up a test for this, we'll leave a div at nijmegen but we'll probably have to keep blowing the buildings.

• 4 weeks later...

When you find something like this, take a screenshot so we can identify the building and a lat/long to identify which of the several examples in a town that are the same, that being the situation you found.

This way we can identify the problem or lack thereof in about 5 mins, instead of 5 hours. There are 80 buildings in Nijmegen, each having at least 4 walls minimum.

When you find something like this, take a screenshot so we can identify the building and a lat/long to identify which of the several examples in a town that are the same, that being the situation you found.

This way we can identify the problem or lack thereof in about 5 mins, instead of 5 hours. There are 80 buildings in Nijmegen, each having at least 4 walls minimum.

Yeah, I know... but like I said, I got killed while investigating and then I didn't remember where I was.

In fact, it would be nice if you could make yourself unkillable in the beta so that some asshat doesn't kill you when you're doing some test.

Can't do that with a release client, and we're at the end stage where we are testing release clients. You're right of course, but we have to transition to testing release clients in public or we'll never reach release. Additionally we can't release debug clients to the general public, even if we weren't testing release clients, which of course, we are. :D

Can't do that with a release client

That I figured. It can't be done on the server, like blocking any hit packets from other clients?

I found this building in Nijmegan which I had a problem running into. I think the problem is not with the destroyed building collider but the 'rubble'. From the S side you can't run into it as you don't go up and over the rubble, more through it. If you are inside and run out (S) it works fine. Anyway, you'll see what I mean when you take a look.

nijmegan_ss.jpg

nijmegan_coords.jpg

I was blocked by and then got stuck in rubble in Nijmegan - could crawl underneath it then couldn't get out again. The building walls when viewed from inside the rubble appeared to be floating by a small amount. In my humble opinion the invisible wall problem is caused by floating buildings.

51.51.5N 5.50.13E

SShot89.jpg

51.51.2N 5.50.27E

SShot90.jpg

Edited by hertz

I strafed along as a riflemen back and forth over the rubble throughout the central city section and the extended part of the city to the NE. I did not find any other problem places that you people did not already find, but I did find some floating buildings (or rubble, in this case). I also found a few other unrelated oddities.

I'll have pics up in an appropriate thread once they're finished uploading.

Edited by timmy41
oh noes

Thanks Timmy. This should be rechecked with the latest release of .33. Lots of floating and mismatched stuff fixed up. I'll ticket this.