Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Lightning

oneskunk

I don't remember seeing this discussed before. How hard would it be to add a lightning flash to go with the thunder?

I notice the muzzle flash from the Sherman turns the screen white for a moment. I wonder if that could be modified to make a lightning flash or flicker. I'm not talking a full-on bolt of lightning mind you.

I don't remember seeing this discussed before. How hard would it be to add a lightning flash to go with the thunder?

probably easy but not very practical - thunder is randomly done client side, so not everyone hears it at the same time.

that means that if lightning accompanies thunder you'd be the only one seeing it - would kinda suck to be blinded by lightning that no one else sees ;)

probably easy but not very practical - thunder is randomly done client side, so not everyone hears it at the same time.

that means that if lightning accompanies thunder you'd be the only one seeing it - would kinda suck to be blinded by lightning that no one else sees ;)

You're right, and now that I think about it, if it just sort of lit up the area briefly on your machine you'd have an advantage over any ei near you. Not such a hot idea after all. :(

no it isnt? seen several times in chatbar like "BOOM next thunder will struck at 19:20" or somehting like that..

and during the first open beta when the first lightning struck several guys sais oooh when the first one came :D