Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.31.0.28 strange long range shell clipping bug #3958

blackelk

Here is a weird one. I see there is a .29 version, but I don't see a download for that, so I dunno if it still exists.

Spawned offline, took the flak36, and from it's spawn point in the default offline training spawn area immediately deploy. You should be able to see a hangar about 2200 meters away. Shoot at the hangar and the shells will pass through the building walls as if it isn't there.

However, if you get closer than 2000 meters or so, the shells suddenly start to hit the building instead of going through and hitting the ground on the other side. Does it with the pak38, pak40 guns as well. I'm not sure where the cutoff point where the round stops clipping through the buildings, but it is around 2km give or take a few hundred. It isn't a range visibility thing, as you can clearly see the HE rounds exploding inside the hangars or on the other side of the building through the semi opaque doors.

It happens with other buildings too.

This could be nasty if the shells still hit objects within the buildings, you could do some nasty long range camping and nobody would even know what the heck was hitting them as it'd be coming right through the walls from long range, but they could not shoot back since they get solid at close range. Heh heh. Told ya it was a weird one..

Here is a weird one. I see there is a .29 version, but I don't see a download for that, so I dunno if it still exists.

Spawned offline, took the flak36, and from it's spawn point in the default offline training spawn area immediately deploy. You should be able to see a hangar about 2200 meters away. Shoot at the hangar and the shells will pass through the building walls as if it isn't there.

However, if you get closer than 2000 meters or so, the shells suddenly start to hit the building instead of going through and hitting the ground on the other side. Does it with the pak38, pak40 guns as well. I'm not sure where the cutoff point where the round stops clipping through the buildings, but it is around 2km give or take a few hundred. It isn't a range visibility thing, as you can clearly see the HE rounds exploding inside the hangars or on the other side of the building through the semi opaque doors.

It happens with other buildings too.

This could be nasty if the shells still hit objects within the buildings, you could do some nasty long range camping and nobody would even know what the heck was hitting them as it'd be coming right through the walls from long range, but they could not shoot back since they get solid at close range. Heh heh. Told ya it was a weird one..

I have a feeling Gophur's going to say: "can you verify that that happens online, too." ;)

Good point.

I checked offline with the current live 1.30, and it happens in that too, so it is something already in the game not a new 1.31 bug.

The beta server isn't up, so I hit the training server with 1.30 and drove an 88 to the exact same spot as the offline spawn, and shot at the same hangars, and had the exact same issue.

Shells will clip right through the walls at 2050 meters or further.

Shells hit the walls and explode and 2000 meters and under.

This is with the current version 1.30 on the training server. Interesting, is this a known thing? I don't hang out in the forums much, so sorry if this is a 'dead horse' issue...

I can't see the hangar offline but I do see a wee little house out there. My HE seems to be exploding on the walls.

I'll ask about this before I do much more testing.

• 1 month later...

Please use a stop watch to measure how long the shell is in flight before it "disappears" because we found something that might account for your report and adjusted it today.

Then retest when the next patch update (.36) is out for download.

This should be fixed and ready for test with .37.

The timeouts on a few rounds were too short.