Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

NEED TESTING - Win7 error message at launch

lion86

I got it working. I diden't have the current 1.30 installed, so it's working now. But i can only start the beta from 1.30, wonder can't i start it from 1.31?

Why do we have to download a whole new set of 500mb+ 'patch' every time?

Does this new 'patch' erase the previous 500mb+ installs from older 'patches' or does it just keep hogging up my hard disk?

Why do we have to download a whole new set of 500mb+ 'patch' every time?

Does this new 'patch' erase the previous 500mb+ installs from older 'patches' or does it just keep hogging up my hard disk?

Because the patcher isn't working yet. Quit yer *****in. In my day we had to write our own games and then load them up from a tape recorder! in the SNOW! UPHILL!

Not sure on that error message. Do you have the live game and the beta installed from the same user?

I have the same problem with Win7 (32bit).

PS: 1.30 is not installed...

Edited by nordger

I have the same problem with Win7 (32bit).

PS: 1.30 is not installed...

You have to have 1.30 installed first as it sets up the windows registry keys properly for playgate.

In my day we had to write our own games and then load them up from a tape recorder! in the SNOW! UPHILL!

At least you didn't have to make paper tape from chewed up hornet's nests, punched with the stingers you pulled out of your face. And then there were no tape readers so you just had to look at the paper through your almost-swollen-shut eyes and imagine the game....

Because the patcher isn't working yet. Quit yer *****in. In my day we had to write our own games and then load them up from a tape recorder! in the SNOW! UPHILL!

Not sure on that error message. Do you have the live game and the beta installed from the same user?

tape recorder? luxury!

i spent 15 days using a hand-held paper hole puncher to make my own tape...and then another 2 days to feed it into the tape reader on my Altair and have altair process it...finally, once i hooked my TV up, I was able to play pong.

At least you didn't have to make paper tape from chewed up hornet's nests' date=' punched with the stingers you pulled out of your face. And then there were no tape readers so you just had to look at the paper through your almost-swollen-shut eyes and imagine the game....[/quote']

hornets?!? you were lucky!

i used to get at up a 4 in the morning 2 hours before i went to bed after my father spent 25 hours beating me with an africanized honeybee nest taped to a stick and then because we didnt even have computers yet i would blink in binary and my brother would blink back! that was multiplayer back then!

we didnt even have computers yet i would blink in binary and my brother would blink back! that was multiplayer back then!

Blinkmap?

i used to get at up a 4 in the morning 2 hours before i went to bed after my father spent 25 hours beating me with an africanized honeybee nest taped to a stick and then because we didnt even have computers yet i would blink in binary and my brother would blink back! that was multiplayer back then!

You had eyes?! And visible light?!

Oh yeah...????

I had to deal with punch cards and green screens...........

I'll take the blinking, beatings, and bees anyday....