Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Need Test - Gauges are fubar #3800

mpathy42

1. Spawn any plane, take off and start climbing. At 1000 m your altimeter stops responding.

2. Keep climbing for a few seconds and then start diving. Once you hit 1000 m your altimeter starts responding again and you can see your altitude decreasing.

Seen both offline and online and in Hurricane Mk IIb, 109E-1, JU52 and 109F-4.

Noticed this today while dog fighting, the Km dial moves, but the M hand does not. Not sure what happened... recreated it about three times.

The artificial horizon is reversed for pitch changes, the horizontal bar should go down when the plane pitches up. Also the up pointer is pointing 90deg left not straight up.

Yes on my F4 the needle is moving only below 1k.

Edit: Just tested it on all axis fighters, the dial stops moving when above 1k.

Edited by pusicato

Tested in 109F4 and 110C4.

Headings 180 to 359 the compass is showing 180 all the time. In ranges 0 to 179 the compass is moving, but it is reversed - when going S the compass shows N, when heading E, the compass shows W.

Happens on all allied planes as well.. Been reported a few times now for several beta releases. Not sure if there is a ticket on it yet or not.

I never realized how much you use your altimeter... I felt so disoriented in steep dives and climbs.

The artificial horizon is reversed for pitch changes' date=' the horizontal bar should go down when the plane pitches up. Also the up pointer is pointing 90deg left not straight up.[/quote']

Still an issue in 131.30 on 11/18/10

• 3 weeks later...

This should be fixed. Need all gauges tested 1.31.0.32.

This was caused by trying to limit gauges so they would not go past the "post" or highest value. I believe this change has been backed out.

Tested in 1.31.34 It was resolved for all the planes that I tested (c47, Blen IV, Havoc, Spit IXc)