Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Engine sound cuts in and out when looking sideways. #3846

Tigger6

Spawn a airplane (F4 in my case), take off, bank to left or right and look left (using pov hat, not TIR). The engine sound in left earphone kind of cuts in and out few times a second. Some people confirmed it some didn't have it.

soundcard is a soundblaster X-FI in my case.

Spawn a airplane (F4 in my case), take off, bank to left or right and look left (using pov hat, not TIR). The engine sound in left earphone kind of cuts in and out few times a second. Some people confirmed it some didn't have it.

soundcard is a soundblaster X-FI in my case.

Is this when you move your head? Make sure you've set your x-fi to headphones, otherwise it'll all sound weird.

I confirm this bug. It happens on a regular mainboard integrated and a x-fi soundcard.

When the head is turned (not while turning) to the left and right the sound stutters.

I confirm this bug. It happens on a regular mainboard integrated and a x-fi soundcard.

When the head is turned (not while turning) to the left and right the sound stutters.

About the same thing I'm having with my x-fi card. I haven't used the POV hat since I use Track IR, but I'll check and see if it does it with the POV enabled.

bump...Rats, anything on this? Also does the same thing when using track IR. I also have an x-fi card. Using the same settings in 1.30 with no issues.

Can you try setting sounds to hardware and software and see if there is a difference?

Currently on hardware, but will try on software to see if it changes.

• 2 weeks later...
Can you try setting sounds to hardware and software and see if there is a difference?

Did some further testing with client .31, here are the results:

-> With setting sounds to software, no problem at all.

-> With setting sounds to hardware, the following planes have stutters, when looking to the left or right. It seems like there are more stutters while looking at the left.

French

H81

H87

H75

British

Hurri I

Hurri IIb

Hurri IIc

Spit Ia

Spit IIb

Spit Vb

Spit IXc

German

109E1

109E4

109F1

109F4

109G6

190FW

I tested ALL planes, so the others have no stutters even with sounds on hardware.

I hope this will help find the bug and fix it.

this is a long standing issue with "cheap" soundcards - i have never had anything better than onboad or a low-end soundblaster and have always had this issue, regardless of the setting.

some planes its more pronounced (dewo, h75, bell) than others.

i use it to my advantage all the time - when flying CAS i'll go knife-edge over an area that i suspect an opel or tank to be driving thru and turn my head in the opposite direction from the ground so i can clearly hear the engines.

I know for certain, at least with my "cheap" on-board soundblaster that using software instead of hardware corrects the problem.

I'm using windows 7, but have no issues in 1.30, just in 1.31 beta. BTW, my x-fi Fatalty card is a top end card and I've never had an issue until 1.31. I also can confirm that with software checked, the issue goes away. I have no idea what that will do to performance by using software instead of hardware, but it probably would hurt I would assume.