Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Rifle sights and lighting

shivax

When the sun is behind you (or above you) your rifle sight turns grey and blends into... well damned near everything. I only noticed it with the German Rifle, but there were many situations where it was almost impossible to shoot anything. There was an atg maybe 300-400m from me and I couldn't tell where I was even aiming because my front sight blended almost perfectly into the ground he was sitting on.

Lighting and shadows are neat, but this was just annoying. I'll jump on and check out the Brit rifle, which seems like it could easily be subject to the same issues.

Got tired of waiting for the right time of day to test the Brit and French rifles. Seems to mostly happen if the sun is directly behind you. Was messing around offline and it mostly seemed fine at noon, even looking at the ground.

Edited by shivax

Offline you can use f11 to change the time of day.

I kinda see what you mean but there's really been no change for this weapon. I'll talk to art about it and see if they have any thoughts.