Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

NVIDIA settings and Frame Rates

tazz

CRS, When asking about performance issues and frame rates you probably need to include the basic settings for the video card being used. I can get double the performance on an 8800 with all the various filters turned down or off.

What do you prefer us to use when testing these cards?

NVIDIASETTINGS.jpg

On a GTX 275 here

Leaving those settings default gives me best performance

I used to change a lot of settings there but default gives me best performance

Would be nice if some one from CRS could explain some of the tweaks that suits best for their engine

Im surprised that this hasnt been brought up erlier....

Indeed

I have a Nvidia card and have no idea what all those settings do

CRS, When asking about performance issues and frame rates you probably need to include the basic settings for the video card being used. I can get double the performance on an 8800 with all the various filters turned down or off.

What do you prefer us to use when testing these cards?

NVIDIASETTINGS.jpg

also turn off the multi monitor performance if you don't use multiple monitors. There is a selection for single monitor performance.

Basically, most of those settings set higher quality settings if the application doesn't do it by itself. They should all be set to default or "application controlled" for any tests to be meaningful. And since changing them in most cases means your card does more work, setting them will also make your fps go down...

Basically' date=' most of those settings set higher quality settings if the application doesn't do it by itself. They should all be set to default or "application controlled" for any tests to be meaningful. And since changing them in most cases means your card does more work, setting them will also make your fps go down...[/quote']

but may actually stabilise your Framerate as well.

but may actually stabilise your Framerate as well.

If you by "stabilize" mean "stay more consistently low", then I guess you're correct... ;)

If you by "stabilize" mean "stay more consistently low"' date=' then I guess you're correct... ;)[/quote']

stable at 30fps will be a smoother and more enjoyable game experience than erratic between 20 and 60.

stable at 30fps will be a smoother and more enjoyable game experience than erratic between 20 and 60.

If you have 20 with everything at default, I'm not sure any of those options will get you up to 30. Do you know for a fact that works?

If you have 20 with everything at default' date=' I'm not sure any of those options will get you up to 30. Do you know for a fact that works?[/quote']

didn't see where anyone was mentioning they were starting with 20FPS at default.

But anyhoo, if your peak FPS is 20, I have a feeling your average is in the teens or maybe even single digits, which is Slideshow Europe. No amount of tweaking settings will fix that.

Basically' date=' most of those settings set higher quality settings if the application doesn't do it by itself. They should all be set to default or "application controlled" for any tests to be meaningful. And since changing them in most cases means your card does more work, setting them will also make your fps go down...[/quote']

Agreed. Though, I'd be more than happy if someone tested these out. I suggest application controlled and I never mess with any of those settings. If there are any magic bullets in there I can probably get the coders to set them in the application.