Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Track IR Sound Bug?

actrade

Whenever I enable my Track IR in 1.31, my sound drifts in/out whenever I look around. Doesn'th happen unless I use the mouselook function (key N) and track IR. Anyone else experiencing this? I have Win7 and a SB Fatalty Pro card.

Whenever I enable my Track IR in 1.31' date=' my sound drifts in/out whenever I look around. Doesn'th happen unless I use the mouselook function (key N) and track IR. Anyone else experiencing this? I have Win7 and a SB Fatalty Pro card.[/quote']

Mine works fine. Make sure you have the speaker settings correct for your setup. That sort of thing happens if you have only two speakers but it's set for 5.1 or something, since when you look in certain directions it will route the sound to the speakers that don't exist.

The symptom sounds like one of the bionic ears exploits where your client don't play sound from your own aircraft if you have your "ears" in a certain direction.

Mine works fine. Make sure you have the speaker settings correct for your setup. That sort of thing happens if you have only two speakers but it's set for 5.1 or something' date=' since when you look in certain directions it will route the sound to the speakers that don't exist.[/quote']

I use headphones with 5.1 settings...btw, works fine in 1.30.

I use headphones with 5.1 settings...btw' date=' works fine in 1.30.[/quote']

You have headphones with 5.1 speakers? Is that really better than using a good pair of stereo headphones on the headphone setting with the "CMSS-3D Headphone" HRTF directionally synthesized sound? I find the 3d headphone sound is the biggest strength of the X-Fi.

You have headphones with 5.1 speakers? Is that really better than using a good pair of stereo headphones on the headphone setting with the "CMSS-3D Headphone" HRTF directionally synthesized sound? I find the 3d headphone sound is the biggest strength of the X-Fi.

Sorry, it emulates 5.1 using 3-D CMSS. Bad choice of words.

Sorry' date=' it emulates 5.1 using 3-D CMSS. Bad choice of words.[/quote']

Ok, but then you need the speaker configuration to be set to "headphones", not 5.1. Otherwise you definitely will get that problem.