Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

[1.31.0.29] muzzle flash diffraction spike

lutorm

Reposted per Gophurs orders:

There are "spikes" coming off the muzzle flash when you fire the cowl guns on the fighters. It looks sort of like the diffraction spikes around stars in a telescope image, except there are no mirror spiders here so they shouldn't be there... Movie.

It actually seems to be a general feature of all muzzle flashes, I've since seen it in other situations too.

Yeah I saw it on the Flak 30 and the Farmile MGs in offline today. The vertical component of the muzzle flash reaches most of the way up the screen.

It's not dramatic, but very noticeable when firing. Hard to get a screenshot off, but here's a couple.

SShot6.jpg

SShot3.jpg

6146871_oyDpS#813645100_9Mfq3AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8Ghz

nVidia GeForce 8800 GT

Win7 64-bit

6146871_oyDpS#813645120_7BYxs

Edited by dangrboy

thb the muzzle flashes look pretty bad in the 1st person (3rd person is nice). can't you guys add some transparency to them? i don't think muzzle flashes in reality are as blinding as the ones we have in game, at least not during the day.

and this is not meant as bashing, it's just my opinion. they are the only turn-off for me in 1.31. :)