Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

[1.31.0.30] Radial clutter lags while driving

lutorm

I noticed that if you are moving fast it seems like the radial clutter doesn't load fast enough so sometimes the ground in front of you have almost no clutter while that behind you has it extending quite far away. I think it needs to "preload" more ahead of you when moving.

It also happens when driving a rather slow vehicle, such as a Church III - clutter can suddenly pop off (vanish in an instant) then gradually rebuild. The fact it disappears at once, then rebuilds over time is just odd.

I like the idea of the game anticipating where the player bubble will be based on current travel direction/speed and view perspective and pre-load the clutter in a rolling manner.

The current behavior seems out of whack with how the other objects are predicted (eg, trees). The clutter behaving differently from the rest of the terrain cause it to stand out, which is a shame because the 1.31 game looks terrific with clutter.

Last thing, I'm not seeing much FPS hit on my machine with clutter at max range, perhaps extending the max range may help to alleviate this popping effect.

I noticed that if you are moving fast it seems like the radial clutter doesn't load fast enough so sometimes the ground in front of you have almost no clutter while that behind you has it extending quite far away. I think it needs to "preload" more ahead of you when moving.

Think too, reproduced at 4, 5 ,6 speed on PzIIIh at AF of area 51

martini is working on this at present. Honestly at max/max it does a pretty good job of keeping up with a laffly full bore off road.

I am going to do some clutter sprcific tests though, be nice if we could force it to 800m.