Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Satchels still disappearing under allied armors

matamor

This getting old. Don't tell that I've to step back to put my charge on, I'm probably one of the best sapper ever in this game with almost 1500 armors sapped in career.

I've played allied during two whole campaigns and during many intermissions, it never happened. Please fix.

Edited by matamor

I've played allied during two whole campaigns and during many intermissions' date=' it never happened. Please fix.[/quote']

I've had it happen loads of times as Allied, so it's not side specific.

I just played axis during the beta. I placed a charge on a sherm75 and it disappeared under twice before he started to move.

• 2 weeks later...

We know about this but it isn't an easy fix without redoing all the models.

The good news is we'll give you piats at some point and leave satchels for blowing up buildings.

We know about this but it isn't an easy fix without redoing all the models.

The good news is we'll give you piats at some point and leave satchels for blowing up buildings.

Thanks for the right answer.

Just for a note, I predict a very unpopular answer from many of us if you remove the sapper and we can't sap tanks anymore!

Thanks for the right answer.

Just for a note, I predict a very unpopular answer from many of us if you remove the sapper and we can't sap tanks anymore!

Well instead we will be able to kill them from up to 100 meters distance :) Much better in my opinion :)

Well instead we will be able to kill them from up to 100 meters distance :) Much better in my opinion :)

It's your opinion but I still believe that the sapper is a game icon that we can't remove at all! So why removing the sapper if we add the rockets? Did CRS removed the 88 when they added the pak40?

Infantry play has to be priviligied in his tough times, even with 1.31 and I want to share mine.

Sapper had rough days over past years (can't sap et on move, slow jog after satchel put, timer expanded on explosion, concussion added, pool steady at 50 not 80 in tier4, tanks supplies by div boosted by 2x, if a name a few of it) that maybe explained why I spawn more LMG but it stills a thrill to get ahead in the field while people snipe from windows, in an enemy ZOC area from a msp or a spawnable - which are stupidly camped like never before by armors in succeeded waves of an infinite armor pool - and get things going in order to win battle then map.

I sapped almost 1500 ets and I'm proud of it!

I say long life to sapper!

Edited by matamor

The sapper should not be a primary anti tank weapon. Secondary maybe but not the shaped charges they are now.

That's not to say an AT INF shouldn't have some more in his arsenal but sappers aren't the right answer to the question.

Remember also that when we introduce RPAT weapons (piats bazookas and shreks) they won't be in tier 0 and tier 1, so the satchel charge will still be around as AT infantry although we'll reconfigure his loadout so that we have AT infantry rather than sappers. This way infantry will have their first RDP progression of weapons for a specific unit outside of ATGs.

Sappers will then become more like engineers. The plan is still in flux so the precise details won't be finalized for a bit.