Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Grenades pass through trees.

naide

Title says it all; tested it with both regular grenades, smoke grenades, and rifle grenades offline (tried it with all sides; brit/french/germ).. both went directly through the trees unhampered.

I'm not sure if they do that in the current version but I don't think I've ever seen it happen.

Also some rounds, such as the .50" MG on the Vickers. Apparently (from another thread) they have a fix for this, but it didn't make it into 1.31.0.30. Should (hopefully) be included in 1.31.0.31

Also some rounds' date=' such as the .50" MG on the Vickers. Apparently (from another thread) they have a fix for this, but it didn't make it into 1.31.0.30. Should (hopefully) be included in 1.31.0.31[/quote']

Careful though, I bet a .50 has enough penetration to make it through a pretty large tree.

Careful though' date=' I bet a .50 has enough penetration to make it through a pretty large tree.[/quote']

You'd be surprised. A tree will stop quite a heavy round - better than, for example, a normal brick wall.

But even if heavy rounds could penetrate a tree or a wall in real life, WWIIOL doesn't calcualte it like that. There is either a collider which blocks all objects (tree, wall, etc) or there isn't (bushes, grass). In this case there has been an issue with the tree colliders allowing some objects to pass straight through.

You'd be surprised. A tree will stop quite a heavy round - better than, for example, a normal brick wall.

But even if heavy rounds could penetrate a tree or a wall in real life, WWIIOL doesn't calcualte it like that. There is either a collider which blocks all objects (tree, wall, etc) or there isn't (bushes, grass). In this case there has been an issue with the tree colliders allowing some objects to pass straight through.

yup on both counts - ive seen small diameter trees (4-6") stop armor piercing rifle-caliber rounds before...and ww2ol doesn't model that kind of penetration date (god i wish)

• 2 weeks later...