Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.31.30 Video Card not being used

Bacon55

Testing in Givet today I opened Evga Precision, and watched my GPU usage while in game.

Staring at the ground...I'm getting 80% usage.

Looking up at a normal scene, about 85%

Zooming in on distant speed trees, almost 100%.

Should it be running like this?

Why are ATI owners and some Nvidia owners getting completely different results here? Some setting is different?

Edited by Bacon55

Eh without the GPU you wouldn't see anything at all. How are you measuring this? And which card do you have?

Eh without the GPU you wouldn't see anything at all. How are you measuring this? And which card do you have?

The increase in GPU usage is so negligible when more intense scenes are rendered it leads me to assume it's just acting as a pass through to the CPU (which is actually using multiple cores now, 2 primarily but a 3rd gets some action.

Nvidia GTX 260 Core 216, in SLI 896Mb.

Windows 7 x64

9Gb RAM

Core i7 920 @3.8GHz.

Framerates when zooming in on distant trees drop terribly, and they're not exactly spectacular to start with. In town with any action, Givet today, I had ~50 FPS, relatively smooth, a bit choppy at times, dropping to 20 FPS, a VERY choppy 20 FPS, when looking at speed trees, various bushes, and grass, that are magnified at a distance.

Edited by Bacon55

Fill rate, (Gpixels/Gtexels)

GTX 260 Core 216 (16.128/41.472)

Radeon 5830 (12.8/44.8)

Radeon 5850 (23.2/52.2)

Do I seriously need to buy a $350 video card (5850) to have decent framerates?

I wonder if the SLI is working correctly. Can you turn this off and just run the one card by itself? Is that even possible?

We only use 1 core + a tiny fraction, so seeing 2 + fraction is weird. Did you by any chance turn on in the nvidia control panel multithreaded opengl? Are there any special settings there?

There are still CPU side bugs (one is fixed in b31) that need to be fixed. If you have tree leaf issues in binocs that would mean a shader issue (most tree parts are drawn with a shader on the GPU).

Did you try playing with "best performance" setting to see what effect it has?

I have an i7/4870 (Mac of course) and don't get the speed tree slowdowns.

Your card is perfectly fine; either the code needs tweaks or you have a setting which is making it slow. Multithreaded opengl is NOT supported since our code is not setup for it.

Highest Quality/Best Perfomance (game settings)

110 FPS looking out from Givet FB/130 FPS

20 FPS looking at distant trees with binocs/23 FPS

Something odd is afoot.

Your card is perfectly fine; either the code needs tweaks or you have a setting which is making it slow. Multithreaded opengl is NOT supported since our code is not setup for it.

Hey Ahwulf SLI has never worked in this game and still don't unless I missed something.

Just watch your GPU temps in SLI system, Gpu 0 with go up in temp Gpu 1 will pretty much stay at idle temp.

Same was true for the X2 cards.

If it is only binos then we have another thread for this already.

The coders tell me fill rate issues. I do not believe them.

Standing on the bridge at givet and doing a full 360 I get fps 88 - 132. Pretty good with no vehicles which we know are by far the bigger fps killer.

With binos I get as low as 26 looking at the set of pines to the NE filling the view. These have not changed LOD.

There's something dirty in denmark.