Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Feedback - Infantry Injured - Red Overlay

gtanner

Hi,

I'm not sure if this was intended or not as noone seems to have reported it but when infantry are injured a red overlay will appear and stay until death/despawn.

Gt

The effect might need some tweaking but we'll cover that in the redout post.

How do you compare the effect to 1.30?

I like the blackout a lot more. The red taint looks wrong to me.

But hey, I've never been shot, so I can't tell :D

The blackout suits better to the game, and is as annoying. Would be realistic, if blood loss causes blackouts for pilots, it should be the same for actual blood loss.

Blackout would be more realistic, physiologically.

When the blood pressure drops low enough as shock sets in, the vision can degrade to black and white and begin to tunnelize. A little more loss of blood pressure, and the vision becomes darker just before loss of consciousness.

It's the exact same effect as pilot blackout, except the loss of brain blood pressure is caused by excessive blood volume loss and shock rather than accelerational overwhelming of system pumped pressure.

Dear god, I though the red effect was a bug and not a feature. I most certainly prefer what we have now versus what's in the beta.

I prefer the effect in 1.30, it's less distracting while still having the necessary impact.

-Dave (manicmoose)

Dear god' date=' I though the red effect was a bug and not a feature. I most certainly prefer what we have now versus what's in the beta.[/quote']

I agree and thought the same thing.

Actually it's an associated artifact of changing out the entire effects system driving hits/explosions/flashes and lighting. So what we have now for crew/infantry/pilots will not be the final version, we haven't even begun that tweak cycle yet. That's next week.

Good thing the red screen wil not be in,as by Doc's post.All the reddish screen blended contrast to the allied uniform,making them nearly invisible at certain distance,with low light

enviourment.

S!

Speed

When going rapidly form -Gz to +Gz there is an oddity in the red vs black screen.

Its kinda hard to do purposely so i will upload a video later.

I've been slightly wounded and thought the injury was greater than it was because the screen was so opaque as a result of my wound. The health bar was less than %5 gone, but I could barely see. Perhaps the red color affects my vision so much it only appears opaque.