Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Possible Capture Problem #3965

oneskunk

If I'm capping or recapping a spawn and I hit escape to spawn out the spawn timer starts to count down. I can sit for a while and then hit cancel to start capping again if the ei leaves without searching the spawn. I could see using this to fool people into thinking that there are no ei in the spawn. Not sure how important it is, just seemed kinda gamey to me.

So you're suggesting instead to allow players to continue contributing during the despawn timer?

Hmm...

Could go both ways.

So you're suggesting instead to allow players to continue contributing during the despawn timer?

Hmm...

Could go both ways.

Or make the player auto despawn after the counter goes down and another 10 seconds of inactivity happens.

If the despawn dialog box is up, the game acts like the player is not in the building, so enemy won't know he's there.

The despawn dialog box is a cloaking device/pause for the capture mechanism allowing a player to remain until all is clear and he can "cancel".

But even if the player *did* continue contributing during the despawn timer and then afterwards when he just sits there, what's the downside? At least the enemy knows there is someone alive in the building.

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

indeed he's one of the few voices of common sense on these forums

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....
The only thing worse than being talked about is *not* being talked about.

Or he is frozen in time so to speak and when found cant defend himself and dies.

What about an instant death if this is done in side a cp? If you hit the despawn button you die and 3 seconds late auto despawn? Just throwing out ideas here.

So you're suggesting instead to allow players to continue contributing during the despawn timer?.

I was thinking that was a good idea at first, but how about this instead or in addition to letting the cap continue.

When you let the despawn timer count down, if you cancel it there's a delay before you can start moving around again? That way you'd be risking being stuck at the despawn screen while somebody walks up and kills you.

As long as the person is physically alive in the building, even during despawning timer, it would seem appropriate for it to continue the capping process. As soon as the player despawns or dies it stops. It would seem pretty logical unless I am missing something.

Edited by snailtrail

I was thinking that was a good idea at first, but how about this instead or in addition to letting the cap continue.

When you let the despawn timer count down, if you cancel it there's a delay before you can start moving around again? That way you'd be risking being stuck at the despawn screen while somebody walks up and kills you.

Can't.

Think I'm with snailtrail here but there was a reason we changed it...

Ok here's the logic I'm going with on this one.

1) don't want cloaking in an enemy building

2) can be killed while despawn timer going

So, continue to contribute points while despawn timer going.

Objections?

Ok here's the logic I'm going with on this one.

1) don't want cloaking in an enemy building

2) can be killed while despawn timer going

So, continue to contribute points while despawn timer going.

Objections?

And after the despawn timer has finished counting down, too, right?

After the timer is done, the dialog box is still waiting for you to click it, so the player needs to contribute points all the way until they click to despawn, even after the timer has stopped.

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

indeed he's one of the few voices of common sense on these forums

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....
The only thing worse than being talked about is *not* being talked about.