Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

can't lie down while crouching, with low roof #3954 #3955

mdundee

I crawled into a W-facing ATG bunker on the W side of Vireaux (50.4.37N 4.43.28E), on the S side of the W road out of town. (That set of emplacements is floating a bit btw, very steep slope there). I was crouch-walking around, and tried to lie down to get out again (by hitting v), but got the head-shake. I moved to an area with more headroom, hit v again, and I stood up instead of lying down. I haven't changed the mappings for any keys in the 1.31 beta client.

From standing, in an open area, all the stances work properly, from standing I tap f to crouch, then v to lie down, f to crouch, then f again to stand up. However with this bunker's roof close to my head, it seems as if the client is checking whether I can do the entire movement (go from lying down to standing up), before it will let me lie down from crouching (assumption on my part).

Obviously it would be nice to be able to go from crouching to lying down whenever you want to, I can't think of any reason you wouldn't be able to do that.

I'll have another go next time the beta server is up in Oz time. I was on holidays all last week. Are the Beta servers only up in Texas office hours? *insert gripe about time zone problems and non-US players testing*

I'll keep an eye on the System messages about the Beta server being up and try to jump on it next time.

cantliedown.jpg

That's the exact spot I'm talking about. Behind me the ground slopes slightly downwards, so you'd think my legs aren't colliding with anything if I lie down. I can turn 90 degrees left, or right, or turn around completely, but I still can't lie down from a crouching position.

To get to that spot, I lay down and crawled down the slope, in through that entrance you see in the picture. Behind me is the much larger opening to the bunker where ATGs are supposed to fire out (I'm guessing). I moved to a lot of different spots, and the inability to change postures seemed to be linked to the amount of head room, not room behind me.

I've logged in with the Test client to the select arena stage (with Campaign and Training server as options), so I'm assuming I have the latest version of the Test client.

From what I remember, this has always been a problem. In the 'old' country inf bunkers (the pits with 2 entrances and a roof), one could crouch inside but if one wanted to take cover from fire one would have to go prone. one could only go prone if in the area without the roof and then had to shuffle under it, instead of being crouched under the roof and then going prone. This was an issue for me any time I wanted to go prone somewhere where there wasn't any head room, but that is the most common example. You will have to look for this pit in the current live, as I believe the new bunker replaced it.

Ticketed #3955 for inf can't go crouch to prone under low roof.

Ticketed #3954 for giving the ATG revetment a new place type if possible... OR is this a berm going through this one?

That looks like one of the ATG revetments west of the towship of Revin, and it is clipped into the hill it is placed on.

Placemode issue on sloping ground I would make my first guess.

there isn't a berm there, just a steeply sloped hill.

Timmy41, do you mean that there's a patch in the works that hasn't been released yet? I booted up the Test client and got it to the Server selection screen before going into Offline mode and testing this, so I'm assuming that meant I had the latest patch available to Open Beta players. Of course there might be a closed Beta patch or not-yet-released patch where it's fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

v1.31.0.39

went into several ATG revetments

standing up to crouch to prone - ok

prone to crouch to standing up - ok

prone to standing up to prone - ok

standing up to prone to standing up - ok

prone to crouch to prone - ok

crouch to standing up to prone - ok

prone to standing up to crouch - ok

all combinations possible - passed in as fixed

It's really just the ones on the steep slopes that were a worry but I think TOTO changed these from sheared to flat placement. i'll go take a look.

Meh. Not yet but I think they would look better if not sheared. Asking Martiti to give me a list of sheared.